Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Aerolineas Argentinas, then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) is the largest airline and major flag carrier of Argentina. It was founded in 1949 with the merger of four companies. While several consortiums tried to acquire the airline, it actually only led to failure and caused drastic impacts. However, since 2008, it is successfully runned by the Argentine Government. Additionally, it is headquartered in the Aeroparque Jorge Newbery in Buenos Aires. It has a primary hub at the Ministro Pistarini International Airport (AEP). As of now, it operates to 24 international destinations in Europe and America and 36 destinations within the country.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) Cancellation Policy
Planning to cancel your Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) flight? Don’t worry! With Aerolineas Argentinas you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Aerolineas Argentinas.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Fortunately, the Aerolineas Argentinas 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If an Aerolineas Argentina flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee is charged, depending upon the type of the tickets.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) Cancellation Policy Due To Covid-19
Amid the outbreak of Covid-19, the airline has upgraded its terms and decided to offer certain amendments. Check these alterations as follows:
- If the passengers want to reschedule their ticket, they can make a rebooking without any extra cost.
- All tickets booked amid the pandemic and canceled will be fully refunded back to their original sources.
- All passengers are entitled to seamless cancellation and full refund, even if the ticket is non-refundable.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All the passengers are entitled to a full refund until the risk-free period lasts.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets, won’t receive any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- You will get a full refund with premium economy ticket fare, irrespective of refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- A penalty will be charged, if you cancel your tickets 2-3 days or a few hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Aerolineas Argentinas(AR) Cancellation Policy for Different Class (Base, Plus, Flex, and Premium Economy)
Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation and refund policy varies differently depending upon the ticket fare and cabin class. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the policy.
- The tickets in the base fare are non-refundable. Hence, it’s best to book a refundable ticket if there might be a chance that you will cancel your flight.
- If you cancel a base fare ticket after the risk-free period, then a cancellation fee of USD 100-USD 400 will be charged.
- An Aerolineas Argentinas Plus fare ticket allows you to make changes to your tickets, provided that you make these changes within the risk-free period. However, after the 24-hours cancellation period, the cancellation fee will be charged.
- The cancellation fee applicable after 24 hours of booking will be USD100-USD 400, as per the cancellation policy of Aerolineas Argentinas Airlines.
- An Aerolineas Argentinas Flex fare ticket allows you to claim a refund within 24-hours of booking. After the risk-free period gets over, all refundable tickets are partially refunded as decided by the airline.
- The refund amount and cancellation fee depends on the cancellation policy of Aerolineas Argentinas Airlines.
- An Aerolineas Argentinas flight ticket under the Premium Economy fare, allows you to make changes without paying any extra cost even after the risk-free period, or if you miss your flight.
- All refundable tickets will be fully compensated. However, if the earlier paid fare is invalid for new tickets, you might be required to pay an extra amount.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation
Aerolineas Argentinas flight cancellation policy, says that if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then you are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers of all international flights can get a full refund with Aerolineas Argentinas.
- Depending on the type of ticket, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto USD 700.
- If the flight gets delayed for more than four hours, passengers are eligible for meals and drinks and even accommodation(If required), corresponding to the waiting time and the time of day, irrespective of type of their ticket.
- The airline also provides monetary compensation when the flights get delayed. However, the provided repayment depends upon the distance and duration of delayed flights.
- There’s no repayment, if the flight is delayed for less than three hours.
Flight Delay Compensation
|Less than 3 hours||3-4 hours||More than 4 hours||Never Arrived||Distance|
|NA||USD 270||USD 270||USD 270||All flights 1500 km or less|
|NA||USD 432||USD 432||USD 432||International flights over 1500 km|
|NA||USD 432||USD 432||USD 432||Non-international flights b/w 1500-3500 km|
|NA||USD 324||USD 648||USD 648||Non-international flights over 3500 km|
How to Cancel an Aerolineas Argentinas Flight
Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support / airport’s ticket office. Here’s how you can cancel your Aerolineas Argentinas flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit Aerolineas Argentinas website’s homepage. Then click on log in to move further.
- After logging in, click on the manage booking tab. After that, add your ticket credentials and then click on cancel trip option.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Aerolineas Argentinas is: +1-844-673-0381.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question in front of the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket-related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Aerolineas Argentinas flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 3- Cancel at the Customer Service Desk
- If the online method doesn’t meet your expectations, you can simply make a visit to the customer service office of the airline.
- Next, head to the customer service counter to talk about the cancellation procedure.
- In this way, you can converse face to face with the agent, ask about your queries and initiate flight cancellation.
- The entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of payment made by the passengers.
Aerolineas Argentinas Cancellation Fee
The passengers are required to pay USD 100-USD 400 as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee also depends on the fare regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 7- 10 days.
Aerolineas Argentinas Refund Policy
- As per Aerolineas Argentinas cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 7- 10 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
- In case of the death of a passenger or any close family member of the passenger, Aerolineas Argentinas issues a full refund after verifying the valid documentation like Death Certificate.
How to Get Refund from Aerolineas Argentinas
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Aerolineas Argentinas’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Aerolineas Argentinas’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Aerolineas Argentinas’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Aerolineas Argentinas Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
There’s a different Aerolineas Argentinas customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- United States: 1-800-333-0276
- Mexico- 01-800-123-8588
- Bolivia- 591-3-336-1628
- Brazil- 0800-761-0254
- Chile- 800-610-200
- Colombia- 01-800-700-0200
- Ecuador- 1800 000 775
- Peru- 0800-522-000
- Paraguay– 0810-222-86527
- Uruguay– 000-4054-86527
- Venezuela- 0800-1005655
- Netherlands: 08 000 203 592
- Spain: 34 91 454 4000
- United Kingdom: 54 11 4130 4000
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Aerolineas Argentinas?
The Aerolineas Argentinas flight cancellation fee is USD 100-USD 400 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Aerolineas Argentinas depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Aerolineas Argentinas reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Aerolineas Argentinas allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Aerolineas Argentinas flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Aerolineas Argentinas flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Aerolineas Argentinas?
Yes, Aerolineas Argentinas allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Aerolineas Argentinas cancels my flight?
In case Aerolineas Argentinas cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Aerolineas Argentinas Popular Airports
- Miami International Airport Flights
- Viru Viru International Airport Flights
Aerolineas Argentinas Popular Routes
- Buenos Aires to Miami (BUE to MIA)
- Miami to Buenos Aires (MIA to BUE)
- Buenos Aires to New York City (BUE to NYC)
- New York City to Buenos Aires (NYC to BUE)
- Mendoza to Buenos Aires (MDZ to BUE)
- Buenos Aires to Mendoza (BUE to MDZ)
Aerolineas Argentinas Popular Destinations
- Flights to Miami
- Flights to Buenos Aires
- Flights to New York City
- Flights to Buenos Aires
- Flights to Cordoba
- Flights to Mendoza
Other Help Topics
- Aerolineas Argentinas Airline customer support number
- Aerolineas Argentinas Airline flight change
- Aerolineas Argentinas Airline cancellation policy
- Aerolineas Argentinas Airline refund policy
- Aerolineas Argentinas Airline baggage policy