Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air Canada Airlines
Air Canada (AC), the flag carrier and the largest airline of Canada by fleet size, is headquartered in the borough of Saint-Laurent in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1937, Air Canada (AC) provides scheduled and charter air transport for passengers and cargo to 222 destinations worldwide. In addition, Air Canada Airlines operates mainly from its primary hubs at Calgary, Montreal-Trudeau, Toronto-Pearson, and Vancouver. The fleet size of Air Canada is 159, and it flies to 64 domestic destinations and 158 international destinations across Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania.
Air Canada (AC) is the world’s 10th largest passenger airline by fleet size and is a founding member of Star Alliance.
The fleet size of Air Canada (AC) is 159, and it is made out of Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, Mitsubishi, De Havilland Dash. Here’s a list of aircraft owned by Air Canada:
|Boeing 777-300ER (77W)||18|
|Boeing 777-200LR (77L)||06|
|Boeing 787-9 (789)||29|
|Boeing 787-8 (788)||08|
|Boeing 737 MAX 8 (7M8)||30|
|Airbus A330-300 (333)||16|
|Airbus A321-200 (321)||15|
|Airbus A220-300 (223)||27|
|Airbus A320-200 (320)||17|
|Airbus A319-100 (319)||05|
|Airbus A321-200 (321)||14|
|Airbus 320-200 (320)||05|
|Airbus A319-100 (319)||20|
|Embraer E175 (E75)||25|
|Mitsubishi CRJ900 (CR9)||36|
|Mitsubishi CRJ200 (CRJ)||15|
|De Havilland Dash 8-400 (DH4)||39|
|De Havilland Dash 8-300 (DH3)||10|
Air Canada (AC) Flight Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
Popular Flight Routes and Destination by Air Canada (AC)
|Toronto (YYZ)||Vancouver (YVR)||Apr 30, 2022||USD 82.71|
|Montreal (YUL)||Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Mar 30, 2022||USD 114.70|
|Vancouver (YVR)||Toronto (YYZ)||May 14, 2022||USD 73.34|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Calgary (YYC)||Jun 06, 2022||USD 75.68|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Delhi (DEL)||Nov 09, 2022||USD 537.84|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Apr 08, 2022||USD 96.75|
|Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Montreal (YUL)||Apr 29, 2022||USD 63.20|
|Montreal (YUL)||Vancouver (YVR)||Apr 07, 2022||USD 102.99|
|Calgary (YYC)||Toronto (YYZ)||May 07, 2022||USD 74.13|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Shanghai (PVG)||Nov 02, 2022||USD 598.14|
Top Airports Served by Air Canada (AC)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Harry Reid International Airport (LAS)
- Mexico City International Airport (MEX)
Air Canada (AC) Policies & Services (Cancellation, Baggage, Check-in, Booking Fee, in-flight Entertainment)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Air Canada (AC) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with an Air Canada (AC) flight reservation. Under the Air Canada cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and are still eligible to get a full refund if:
- Your flight is cancelled by Air Canada (AC)
- You booked your flight on/before April 30, 2021, for travel by April 30, 2022
- You cancelled the flight within 24hours of booking
- You were denied boarding a confirmed reservation
- Your flight is delayed by at least 3 hours
- You are holding a flexible ticket (Latitude, Premium Economy Flexible, Business Flexible)
- Your flight is rescheduled and the new flight causes you to miss the connecting flight
- Any special circumstances prevent you from catching your flight—such as the death of a passenger/immediate family member, serious illness, military orders, etc. (subject to documentary evidence and Air Canada agreeing to it)
Refundable tickets may cost you more in comparison to non-refundable tickets. Hence, if by any chance you need to cancel your Air Canada airlines ticket between 24hours of booking, then you do not have to pay a hefty amount. In case you want to make some changes to your current ticket, you don’t have to pay extra for the additional modifications. You have to pay for the extra fare differences if your new booking is more expensive than the previous one. If the last ticket is more expensive than the current one, then a refund will be initiated in the form of a credit, which you can use in the future to book an Air Canada flight.
- You can easily initiate a cancellation request for your reservation and submit your refund request for the same, irrespective of the platform you used to book your flight tickets.
- You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel the reservation keeping the norms of the Air Canada 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Any exceptional circumstances prevent you from catching your flight—such as the death of a passenger/immediate family member, serious illness, military orders, etc. (subject to documentary evidence and Air Canada agreeing to it).
- If you have purchased the tickets through the official website or mobile application of Air Canada (AC), then the cancellation and refund request will be done through the same.
- If you purchased the Air Canada (AC)ticket through a third party, the cancellation would be made through the third-party website or agent.
Regardless of your destination, Air Canada (AC) allows you to bring
- 1 standard article and 1 personal article.
- Maximum dimensions include wheels and handles
- Although no weight limit applies on Carry-on baggage, it must be light enough to store it in the overhead bin unassisted.
- The dimension of the carry-on bag should not be more than 23×40×55cm and one personal item with maximum dimensions of 16×33×43cm
Checked Baggage Allowance
- The maximum weight of your checked baggage should be 50lbs and the dimensions should be 158cm
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
- If traveling with an infant under the age of two on your lap, then you can bring an additional standard item of hand luggage on board to carry the infant’s belongings.
Carry-on Pets in the Cabin
- Air Canada (AC) allows cats and small dogs to fly with you in the cabin. However, they should be kept inside a carrier to comfortably stand and sleep and fit under the seat in front. Please note, pets are not allowed in the premium economy class.
The booking fee varies depending on destination, class, date, type of baggage, and check-in type.
Web Check-in and Verification
The passenger can check-in through their mobile, web, or at the airport counter of Air Canada (AC). Mobile and web check-in can be done 24hour before departure until the check-in deadline. Once the online check-in processes are done, the boarding pass will be sent to them via SMS or email.
For domestic flights, passengers must carry ID proof, passports, or a driving license. For international flights, passengers are required to present a valid passport with 6 months of validity and a visa (if needed).
Air Canada (AC) in-flight WIFI keeps you connected with the world during flight. Air Canada (AC) keeps you entertained whether you are up for Hollywood or Bollywood movies, your favorite show, or live sports.
Passengers traveling on an Air Canada (AC) flight can call on the customer support number 1-888-247-2262 or visit the website https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home.html#/ for any query or flight-related issue.
How can I cancel my Air Canada (AC) booking?
You have several alternatives for canceling your Air Canada flight reservation. You can cancel your booking through both online and offline channels. To cancel the booking, you can visit the official website https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home.html#/ mobile application, or call Air Canada Customer Support +1-877-311-7484.
What happens if my flight is cancelled by Air Canada?
There could be several reasons for which Air Canada may cancel your flight. In that case, the airline will compensate you. However, the value of the compensation will be assessed by the reasons for the cancellation.
How much does Air Canada cancellation fee cost?
You must pay cancellation fees based on your price category to cancel an Air Canada flight. The costs will be subtracted from the total fare, and you will get your refund within 7-10days of the cancellation.
Can Air Canada tickets be refunded?
It depends on the type of ticket you possess. If it is a refundable ticket, then you are eligible for a refund.
Do I have to pay an administrative fee to get my refund?
A cancellation fee may apply depending on the type of ticket you hold. However, Air Canada has never charged any refund processing fee. If you have purchased the Air Canada ticket from a third-party, then it is better to communicate with them.
Are taxes, fees, and additional charges associated with my ticket refundable?
It depends on the type of ticket you hold:
If the ticket is refundable/non-refundable
Whether the ticket was wholly or partially used
Regulations of the country where the ticket was purchased and the departure country
Does Air Canada provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, Air Canada offers wheelchair service from the check-in counters at your departing airport. Upon arrival at your destination, you will be taken to the connecting flight or assisted upon the completion of your arrival.
How much does Air Canada charge for flight cancellation?
The Air Canada flight cancellation fee is USD 100 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depend on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
What additional charges can be added to my base fare?
The amount you pay in taxes along with the base fare on a flight ticket is based on your itinerary. On an international ticket, you can expect to pay for:
Canadian and provincial sales tax
Foreign taxes, fees, and charges
An airport improvement fee
A federal air traveller security charge
Navigational, fuel or other surcharges.
What happens if I have to cancel my flight booking?
Air Canada allows you to cancel any purchased tickets and provide a full refund without penalty upto 24hours after purchase. After that period, an amount will be levied as a cancellation fee.
Can I get a refund for the ticket I didn't use?
Ticket refundability depends on various conditions. To know more about the same, visit Air Canada website or read the terms & conditions while purchasing the ticket.
Is it safe to travel with Air Canada during Covid-19?
Air Canada strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to providing a PPE kit and checking the temperature of each passenger, Air Canada ensures safe travel.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
If you have a normal pregnancy without any previous history of premature labor, you may travel by Air Canada upto 36weeks. However, to board an Air Canada flight, you are required to present a medical certificate not more than 5 days before scheduled departure. The medical certificate should state that you are fit to travel by air.
Does Air Canada provide in-flight dining?
All Air Canada international flights offer free hot meals.
Can I bring my pet?
Air Canada allows cats and small dogs to fly with you in the cabin. However, they should be kept inside a carrier to comfortably stand and sleep and fit under the seat in front. Please note, pets are not allowed in the premium economy class.
Air Canada Popular Airports
- Toronto Pearson International Airport Flights
- Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport Flights
- Vancouver International Airport Flights
- San Francisco International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles International Airport Flights
Popular routes of the Air Canada airlines
- Vancouver to Toronto (YVR to YTO)
- Tokyo to Vancouver (TYO to YVR)
- Toronto to Montreal (YTO to YMQ)