Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air Greenland
Even though we have conquered many technology hurdles, we still fear some things. One of them is getting into a scenario to cancel a flight. But don’t worry, nowadays airlines have improved their working style and makes the cancellation process quite easy. Similarly, Air Greenland cancellation and refund policy is created to solve queries and dilemmas of every passenger.
Air Greenland is a major flag carrier airline of Greenland and headquartered in Nuuk. In addition, it was founded in 1960 and commenced operations in 2002 from its primary hub, Kangerlussuaq International Airport. The focus cities of the airline are Copenhagen, Ilulissat, Nuuk. As of now, it operates in 67 destinations of Denmark, Greenland, and Iceland.
Air Greenland(GL) Cancellation Policy
As mentioned above, Air Greenland has created its cancellation policy in such a way that provides a seamless experience for every passenger. Whether you cancel within 24 hours of booking or have to cancel at the last minute due to an emergency, the airline’s policy follows a protocol, keeping in mind the requirements of the passengers. Below we have shared some information covering the key points of the policy.
Air Greenland(GL) Cancellation Fee
- The passengers are required to pay Kr.743 – Kr.2975 as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure, then you will be charged a cancellation fee of Kr.743 – Kr.2975, depending on the Air Greenland cancellation policy.
Air Greenland(GL) 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- The Air Greenland 24 hours cancellation policy states that passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking without being charged any cancellation fee.
- If a flight is canceled post 24 hours risk free period, then a cancellation fee will be applied depending on various factors.
- The 24 hours cancellation policy is applied on both refundable and non-refundable ticket types.
- If you cancel an Air Greenland non-refundable ticket after the risk-free period, then you will be required to pay a fee between Kr.1487-Kr.5719 depending on the length of the flight, location, and type of fare. The remaining fare will be given to you as an e-Credit for future use on a Air Greenland flight
Air Greenland Refund Policy
- The cancellation and refund policy of the airline states that you may receive a full refund if you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking.
- You can also claim a refund from the airline in case of flight delay or cancellation by the airline. The refund provided depends on the reason and duration of flight delay or cancellation.
- The refund will be initiated to the original source of payment of the passenger within 7-10 working days.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Air Greenland(GL) Airlines flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- If a flight gets delayed or canceled by the airline, then they are obligated to provide an alternate flight or entitled refund to all the passengers.
- If you were told about the cancellation less than 14 days prior scheduled departure, then you may also be able to claim up to Kr.5207 per person in compensation.
- You can also claim a refund from Air Greenland, if you do not wish to receive an alternate flight.
- Monetary compensation for flights canceled by the airline:
|All flights under 1,500 km||Up to Kr.1859 per person|
|Internal EU flights over 1,500 km||Up to Kr.2975 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights between 1,500 – 3,500 km||Up to Kr.2975 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights over 3,500 km||Up to Kr.4463 per person|
How to Cancel an Air Greenland(GL) Flight?
The Air Greenland cancellation and refund policy allows passengers to cancel their flight tickets without any trouble. Below are the three simple methods through which cancellation is allowed.
Cancel via Website
- Open a web browser using a smartphone or PC and then open Air Greenland official website.
- Navigate to the ‘manage booking’ section and thereby enter your credentials.
- Enter the correct booking details, your name, and hit the continue button.
- Hit on the ‘Flight | Hotel | Car’ tab present at the top of the homepage.
- Hit on the ‘Air Greenland Cancel Reservation’ link and then click on cancel reservation tab.
- Check your details and hit continue.
- Your cancellation request will be initiated, and the applicable refund will be generated in your bank account.
Cancel via Call
- Dial Air Greenland’s customer support number from your smartphone.
- You may ask your queries and then ask the agent to cancel your flight reservation.
- The agent will ask for your booking details. Tell them the correct details and ask for cancellation.
- The agent will initiate the cancellation request and the applicable refund will be generated by the airline.
Cancel via Airport Counter
- Visit the concerned airport from where you had to board the flight.
- Then visit the airport’s ticket office and talk with the agent regarding cancellation.
- You can talk face to face with the Air Greenland executive and ask him or her to cancel your flight tickets.
- The refund will be credited back to the original source of payment via which you had made the payment.
Air Greenland Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
When you wish to speak with the airline’s customer support agent, then make a call at- (+299) 70 12 12. You can contact them to cancel your flight tickets, claim a refund, and ask queries if any.
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Air Greenland?
The Air Greenland flight cancellation fee is Kr.743 – Kr.2975 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Air Greenland depends on the type of ticket you purchased. You will receive a refund based on eligibility criteria as set by the airline.
Can I cancel my Air Greenland reservation for free within 24 hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24 hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Air Greenland allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Air Greenland flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Air Greenland flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Air Greenland?
Yes, Air Greenland allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Air Greenland cancels my flight?
In case Air Greenland cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline is obligated to compensate every passenger as per their flight delay policy.