Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air India
Air India (AI)- the flag carrier airline of India, is headquartered in New Delhi and is owned by the Government of India. The airline was founded by J.R.D. Tata as Tata Airlines in 1932. Furthermore, Air India (AI) is the first Asian airline to induct a jet aircraft into its fleet. Air India Airlines connects India with major international cities in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, the U.S., and Canada.
Air India Express is Air India’s (AI) low-cost subsidiary for international Air India flights established in 2005. The airline flies to 94 destinations, including 54 domestic destinations and 40 international destinations in 28 countries across four continents in the world.
The aircraft of Air India Express has a single class economy with a capacity of 180 seats. The fleet size of Air India is 125, and it is made out of both narrow and wide-body aircrafts Airbus A320ceo family, Airbus A320neo, and widebody fleet is Boeing 747, Boeing 777 series, and Boeing 787, making a total of 127. Here’s a list of aircraft owned by Air India:
Air India Flight Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
|196||Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport|
Popular Air India Flight Routes and Destinations
|Kolkata (CCU)||Los Angeles (LAX)||May 10, 2022||$740.21|
|Delhi (DEL)||Toronto (YYZ)||Feb 12, 2022||$2023.10|
|Mumbai (BOM)||Dubai (DXB)||Apr 14, 2022||$256.77|
|Mumbai (BOM)||Miami (MIA)||Feb 24, 2022||$1167.54|
|Delhi (DEL)||New York (JFK)||Apr 18, 2022||$613.67|
|Kolkata (CCU)||San Francisco (SFO)||Nov 15, 2022||$902.83|
|San Diego (SAN)||Bengaluru (BLR)||Oct 18,2022||$942.47|
|Hyderabad (HYD)||Chicago (ORD)||Aug 12, 2022||$1162.38|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Delhi (DEL)||Jun 26, 2022||$831|
|San Francisco (SFO)||Delhi (DEL)||Feb 24, 2022||$538.48|
Top Airports Served by Air India (AI)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International (CCU)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Chennai International Airport (MAA)
Air India (AI) Policies & Services (Cancellation, Baggage, Check-in, Booking Fee, in-flight Entertainment)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Air India (AI) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with an Air India flight reservation. Under the Air India cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following conditions:
- If you cancel your Air India (AI) flight within 24hours of booking and are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later at the time of booking.
- If Air India (AI) cancels your flight, you can opt for an alternative flight or claim a full refund.
- If your domestic Air India (AI) flight is delayed by 6 hours or more, you have the option to take an alternative flight or claim a full refund.
- If your Air India (AI) flight is delayed and it causes you to miss your connecting flight on the same booking, you can either opt for an alternative connecting flight or get a full refund.
- If you are denied boarding due to overbooking, Air India (AI) will offer you an alternative flight that departs within 1hour of the original flight on which you were denied boarding. If Air India fails to do so, you are eligible for a full refund plus compensation of upto INR 20,000.
Air India (AI) Cancellation Policy for the USA
- According to the Air India 24hour Cancellation Policy for the USA, if you cancel your Air India (AI) flight which you booked to/from the USA directly from Air India at least 7 days before departure, you can cancel the flight within 24hours of the booking and get a full refund.
- The cancellation policy applies to all types of tickets, including non-refundable ones. However, if you have purchased the Air India (AI) Flight ticket from a third-party, you must contact them directly.
- If you cancel your Air India (AI) flight ticket within 7 days of booking, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee depends on the type of ticket you have booked and it typically ranges from $200-300.
- You can easily initiate a cancellation request for your reservation and submit your refund request for the same. If you are eligible and the purchased ticket is refundable, the refundable amount will be credited to your account.
- You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel the reservation, keeping the Air India 24 hour cancellation policy norms.
- You can apply for online refunds upto 48 hours before your scheduled departure. Online refunds will not be accepted within 48hours of departure.
- Refunds will be issued only by the ticket issuing authority. If you have purchased the Air India (AI) ticket from a third-party, then the refund will be processed by them only.
- If you have only used a part of your ticket, you’re entitled to claim a refund on the unused portion of your ticket, subject to cancellation charges.
Baggage Dimensions for First & Business Class
- The length, breadth, and height of each piece must not exceed 62 inches or 158cm.
- The maximum weight permissible for a single piece of baggage is 32kgs or 72pounds.
Baggage Dimensions for Economy Class
- With two pieces of luggage, the 3 dimensions (length+breadth+height) must not exceed 107 inches or 273cm. Furthermore, the linear dimension of each piece must not exceed 62 inches.
- The weight of each bag should not exceed 23kgs or 50pounds.
Baggage Allowance for Domestic Flights
|Cabin Class/Flight||Baggage Allowance|
|Infants in All Classes||10kgs|
|Alliance Air Flights (except Shimla/Kullu) (Aircraft Types- ATR)*||15kgs|
|Alliance Air Flights to/from Shimla/Kullu*||10kgs|
*Passengers traveling on Alliance Air flights and connecting to domestic Air India flights and vice versa, holding a single ticket, are eligible for 25kgs.
Baggage Allowance for Flights to/from the USA
|Cabin Class/Flight||Baggage Allowance|
|First Class||2 Piece (32kg each)|
|Business Class||2 Piece (32kg each)|
|Economy Class||2 Piece (23kg each)|
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
- If traveling with an infant under the age of two on your lap, then you can bring an additional standard item of hand luggage on board to carry the infant’s belongings.
- Air India (AI) allows cats and small dogs with valid Health and Rabies vaccination certificates to fly with you in the cabin or cargo. However, they should be kept inside a ventilated carrier to comfortably stand and sleep and fit under the seat in front. Please note that the kennel size should not exceed 18”×18”×12,” and the pet’s weight, including the kennel or the carrier, should not exceed 5 kgs for carriage in the cabin.
- Pets of larger size and weight are allowed in the cargo hold. Pregnant pets are not allowed.
Air India (AI) charges convenience fees of INR 100 on booking Air India flights from online portals or the Air India website.
Check-in and Verification
The passenger can check-in through their mobile, web, or at the airport counter of Air India (AI). The check-in counters of Air India (AI) open 2hours before departure and passengers are required to check-in 1 or 2 hours before the scheduled departure of their Air India (AI) flight.
Mobile and web check-in can be done 48hour before departure until the check-in deadline. Once the online check-in processes are done, the boarding pass will be sent to them via SMS or email.
For domestic flights, passengers must carry ID proof, passports, or a driving license. For international flights, passengers are required to present a valid passport with 6 months of validity and a visa (if needed).
*Note: Web check-in facility is not available for passengers from Srinagar and Jammu.
Air India (AI) in-flight WIFI keeps you connected with the world during flight. In addition, the airline keeps you entertained whether you are up for Hollywood or Bollywood movies, your favorite show, or live sports.
Air India (AI) also has an in-flight magazine called ‘Shubh Yatra.’
Air India (AI) Meal
Air India (AI) flight menu includes Asian veg, Hindu veg/non-veg, Kosher, Jain, and Muslim meals. The airline also provides medical meals such as bland, gluten-free, low-cholesterol, non-lactose, seafood, vegan meals, meals for children, etc.
Special demands on food should be made 72-48hours before departure.
Passengers traveling on an Air India (AI) flight can call on the customer support number 0124 264 1407 or visit the website https://www.airindia.in/ for any query or flight-related issue.
Air India Popular Airports
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Flights
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
- Newark Liberty International Airport Flights
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- San Francisco International Airport Flights
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Flights
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport Flights
Popular routes of the Air India
- Chicago to Delhi (CHI to DEL)
- Delhi to Chicago (DEL to CHI)
- Delhi to New York City (DEL to NYC)
- Newark to Delhi (EWR to DEL)
- New York City to Delhi (NYC to DEL)
- San Francisco to Delhi (SFO to DEL)
- Delhi to San Francisco (DEL to SFO)
- Delhi to Newark (DEL to EWR)
Air India airlines Destinations
- Flights to Delhi
- Flights to Chicago
- Flights to New York City
- Flights to San Francisco
- Flights to Newark
Other Help Topics of Air India
- Air India customer support number
- Air India flight change
- Air India cancellation policy
- Air India refund policy
- Air India baggage policy