Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Thai Airways Flight Change
Changing flights might sound peculiar and confusing when you have no idea how airlines’ policies work. But thanks to the seamless guidelines of Thai Airways flight change policy, you can now easily make changes and reschedule your booking as per your convenience. Furthermore, Thai Airways is a major flag carrier of Thailand. Incorporated in 1961, the airline has its headquarters in Chatuchak District, Bangkok. As of now, the airline has a primary hub at Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi Airport and Phuket International Airport. Currently, the airline serves 59 destinations across the world.
Thai Airways Flight Change Policy
Flight change system of the airline is levied in order to provide an open option for all the passengers. With such a system, they can easily make required changes in accordance with the regulation of Thai Airways (TG) change flight policy. Let’s learn in detail about the airline’s guidelines.
- The flight change policy of Thai Airways, says that you can make changes to your flight for free until 24 hours of scheduled departure.
- Passengers who make changes after the 24 hour risk-free period, will be entitled to pay a change fee.
- Thai Airways (TG) change policy doesn’t apply to third-party tickets.
- If your tickets are booked through a third party agent, then you will have to ask the concerned agent to make changes to your flights. The charges applicable will be decided by the third party only.
- All passengers who wish to make changes in a pre-existing ticket between June 5, 2022, and April 23, 2023, can rearrange their flight for a different date anytime until April 23, 2023.
Thai Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- Thai Airways flight change policy allows passengers to make flight changes free of charge within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passenger is not able to make changes within 24 hours of booking, then they will have to pay a change fee depending upon the airline’s guidelines.
- If the amount of the changed flight is more than the previous flight, then the passenger will have to pay the fare difference even if the change is made within the 24 hour free change window.
- If a ticket is purchased from any unauthorized portal, then you may contact them for required flight changes.
Thai Airways Name Change Policy
- Thai Airways modify flight policy allows passengers to make name changes free of cost, when they do so within 24 hours of booking.
- As per the airline, passengers cannot make changes to their family name. If they do, then they will have to pay their whole ticket price as change fee.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets are not allowed to make any name changes. If such passengers wish to make changes in their name, then they must pay the change fees.
- All passengers are allowed to alter the format, not the passenger’s name. It means that you can change the format, but altering the identities of passengers would require you to pay change fees.
Thai Airways Date Change Policy
- As per Thai Airways flight change policy, passengers are allowed to make date changes via the official website.
- If the date change request is made due to the demise of a blood relative, then no change fee will be charged by the airline. However, the booking route must be identical to the planned route.
- The date change request will not be entertained if you also change the destination.
- Passengers who make date changes on the same day of flight departure will have to pay change fees. In most cases, the airline will charge the whole ticket price as a change fee.
Steps To Change Thai Airways Flights
- Visit Thai Airways from any browser(Safari or Google Chrome)
- Click on the cancel/change tab.
- Add your ticket credentials and hit the search button.
- Choose the flight you want to change.
- Click on Select new flights.
- If you had booked a round-trip, both your departure and return destinations will appear.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Thai Airways will send you a confirmation over your registered email.
Thai Airways Flight Change Fee
- Thai Airways (TG) has applied a change fee policy for all their passengers, making changes after 24 hours of booking. However, in some cases you might also be asked to pay a fare difference, depending upon the route and ticket fare you have purchased.
- The Thai Airways change fee levied on all flight routes and ticket types is USD 125. Passengers will be required to pay this fee in order to make flight changes till 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- As per the airline, you can save on flight change fees, if you make alterations through the official website. You will be required to pay service charges at the airport.
Thai Airways Flight Upgrade
- Passengers with Economy tickets can ask for a flight upgrade to Business class by entering your flight credentials and applying for an upgrade.
- The flight upgrade system will only be processed when the passenger pays the entitled charges.
- With a flight upgrade you will get added perks such as comfortable seats, priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium wines, and other luxurious amenities.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
You can change your flights without paying a fee, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking.
What is the Thai Airways's change policy now?
The Thai Airways modify flight policy allows you to make changes to your flights free of cost within 24 hours of booking. After this period, there will be a change fee charged.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Thai Airways's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Thai Airways flight?
Thai Airways flight change policy allows passengers to make changes till 24 hours prior scheduled departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be refunded to the passenger.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Thai Airways allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay change fee and fare differences as applicable.
Can I change my non-refundable Thai Airways flight?
Yes, you can make flight changes to your Thai Airways flight free of charge till 24 hours of booking. After this, a change fee of USD 125 will be levied.
Can I make changes in my Thai Airways flight if I am traveling outside North America?
Yes you can make changes to your flight routes outside North America, but will have to pay a change fee of USD 125 for all ticket fares.
Can I Change a flight on the same day my flight departs?
Yes, the Thai Airways flight change policy will allow you to make date changes on the same-day as flight departures, provided that you pay the change fees. In most cases, the airline will charge the entire ticket price as a change fee.
What happens if I change a Basic Fare ticket?
Thai Airways allows free of cost flight changes for Basic Fare tickets if changes are made within 24 hours of booking. Post this period, a change fee will be applicable.
Thai Airways Popular Airports
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport Flights
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport Flights
- Sydney Airport Flights
- Phuket International Airport Flights
- Narita International Airport Flights
- Melbourne Airport Flights
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Flights
Thai Airways Popular Routes
- Manila to Bangkok
- Bangkok to Manila
- Delhi to Bangkok
- Tokyo to Bangkok
- Bangkok to Phuket
- Bangkok to Tokyo
Other Help Topics
- Thai Airways customer support number
- Thai Airways flight change
- Thai Airways cancellation policy
- Thai Airways refund policy
- Thai Airways baggage policy