Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Founded in 1932 as McGee Airways, and commenced its operation in 1944, Alaska (AS) is the major American airline and sixth-largest airline in North America. It is headquartered in SeaTac, Washington, and operates a large domestic network, primarily focused on connecting from the Pacific northwest, West Coast, and Alaska to over hundreds of destinations to the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico. Being one of the popular airlines, Alaska offers a loyalty program to make Alaska Airlines cancellation and refund policy flexible for its customers.
If due to some unavoidable reasons, you are canceling an Alaska Airline flight, then you should be aware of its policy. Read below to know about the airline’s different policies.
Alaska (AS) Cancellation Policy
Nobody likes to cancel a perfectly planned trip, unless there is an absolute necessity. When it comes to canceling a flight, the process is not only tedious, but you may end up losing your money too. However, not all airlines have the same policy, and Alaska Airlines cancellation policy offers its customers 24-hours from the time of booking to cancel the flight for free and claim a refund. Some fare types allow you to cancel or change the flight with restrictions. Moreover, if you have a non-refundable ticket, the airline will not give you any refund, but you may get a travel credit for the future. Refundable ticket holders do not have to incur any cancellation fee.
Alaska (AS) 24-hour Cancellation Policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy is accepted by almost all airlines, and Alaska is no exception. It gives passengers the luxury to cancel their booking without paying any penalty. However, it is advisable to understand the following points before canceling your flight:
- Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel the ticket free of charge if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking.
- Also, to get a complete refund, the scheduled departure of the flight should be no less than seven days from the time of booking.
- If the passenger initiates a cancellation request outside the allotted period, they will have to pay a cancellation fee of USD 25 to USD 50.
Alaska (AS) Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-refundable Tickets
Alaska’s non-refundable tickets are not entitled to any refund unless it meets some specific changes. Read below to know more about this:
- If you cancel the flight within 24-hours from the time of booking and the scheduled departure of the flight is at least seven days later, then you will receive a complete refund and cancellation will be free.
- If you cancel your ticket after the 24hours time-frame, a cancellation fee of USD 25 to USD 50 will be applied. The fee is subtracted from the original fare and the rest of the amount will be refunded as credit form for future travel.
- If you are a member of MVP Gold, you don’t have to pay any cancellation fee.
- Whether you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking or at the last minute, you will receive a complete refund if you have a refundable ticket. However, you might have to pay a cancellation fee.
Alaska (AS) Cancellation Policy for Different Class (Saver- More restrictiveFare/ Main- Standard Economy/First Class)
- Saver Fare tickets can not be canceled outside the 24-hour time frame.
- You are not allowed to make any changes in your bookings.
- Saver fares are non-refundable.
- Mileage plan elite members can receive bonus miles, priority boarding, check-in benefits, and baggage allowance. However, they can not make changes and upgrade benefits.
Main Standard Economy
- If you cancel a Main Standard Economy, then you will have to pay USD 125 as cancellation fee.
- You can make some changes with no additional fee.
- If you have a refundable ticket, then the amount that is left after the deduction of the cancellation fee will be refunded in the form of travel credit for future travel.
- First Class tickets are refundable.
- Passengers can make changes in their existing reservation any time before the departure.
- The First Class ticket holders are allowed to cancel the ticket any time before the departure and do not even have to incur any cancellation fee. They will receive the refund within 7-10 business days.
How to Get Compensation in Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation
Alaska rarely cancels its scheduled flights. Unless there is an emergency, Alaska never cancels its flights and offers a very professional and strict service to make your journey comfortable. However, if it has to cancel its flight due to extreme weather, government guidelines, technical glitches, then you will be compensated.
- If your flight is delayed, then the airline will provide you with an alternate flight or if the alternate flight doesn’t match with your schedule, the airline will refund you, and service fees associated with your ticket will be waived off.
- Under such circumstances when the flight is canceled by Alaska, the airline offers some perks to compensate for the inconvenience:
- Reschedule another flight
- Complete refund
- Travel voucher
- If the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours, the airline will compensate each passenger USD 700. However, the amount depends on various factors, such as, the route, and duration of the delay.
How to cancel Alaska (AS) Flights?
You can easily cancel your Alaska Airlines flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge up to USD 125 to USD 700 depending on the domestic and international flights canceled after 24 hours of booking. To learn how to cancel your booking, read below:
- Visit https://www.alaskaair.com/
- Click on Manage
- A page will appear, where you can proceed further to cancel the flight.
- Enter passenger’s last name and confirmation code and then click Continue
- Follow the instructions to cancel your reservation
- Once you successfully cancel your flight, the airline will send you a confirmation mail on your registered email
- You can either visit Alaska’s counter at the airport or call +1 800 252 7522.
- If you have called the airline’s customer support number, select the language that suits you the best.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Alaska Airlines flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Alaska Airlines (AS) Cancellation Fee
Alaska allows passengers to cancel the flight for free if the cancellation is made within the 24-hours from the time of booking. For cancellation made after 24-hours, passengers will have to incur a cancellation fee of USD 125 for domestic flights and USD 200 to USD 400 for international flights depending on the fare type, and time of cancellation.
Alaska Airlines (AS) Refund Policy
- The Alaska Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy allows customers to get a complete refund in case of flight cancellation, irrespective of fare type.
- Non-refundable tickets and Saver Fare ticket holders will not be entertained with any refund.
- Main Cabin ticket holders with refundable tickets may receive a travel credit for future trips instead of monetary refund.
- To claim refund, you have to book the ticket through Alaska’s official website. If you booked the ticket from a third-party, you must contact them for a refund.
- Your ticket is valid up to a year from the ticket issued date.
- You will receive a refund only if your ticket is not included in any group or vacation package.
- The payment must be made in the form of US currency.
- A complete refund will be done on refundable tickets.
How to Get Refund from Alaska Airlines (AS)
- Visit https://www.alaskaair.com/
- Click on Manage
- A page will appear, where you can proceed further to cancel the flight
- Enter passenger’s last name and confirmation code and then click Continue
- You must cancel the flight first to claim a refund
- Cancel your reservation and then find refund icon
- Follow the instructions to complete the process
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the refund request
- The refundable amount will be credited within 7 to 10 days.
- Call the airline’s customer support number +1 800 252 7522 based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Alaska Airlines’ expert agent
- Request for a refund
Alaska Airlines (AS) Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Related Queries
Alaska customer support number varies depending on the region you are calling from. Here is a list of the important phone numbers required to cancel your Alaska flight or claim a refund.
USA & Canada: 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522)
United Kingdom: 001-800-2527522
Mexico: 001-880-252-7522 (Reservations)
001-880-654-5669 (Customer care)
Can I cancel my Alaska (AS) flight and get a refund?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.alaskaair.com/, Alaska (AS) Call Center, or airport counters. However, the criteria to be eligible to receive a refund depends on various factors.
How much is the cancellation fee for Alaska (AS)?
The Alaska (AS) flight cancellation fee of USD 125 for domestic flights USD 200 TO USD 400 for international flights will be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Alaska (AS) depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Alaska (AS) reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Alaska (AS) allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure except for Economy Class. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Alaska (AS) flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Alaska (AS) flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Alaska (AS)?
Yes, Alaska (AS) allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings easily.
What will I do if Alaska (AS) cancels my flight?
In case Alaska (AS) cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Is it cheaper to cancel or change Alaska flights?
The charges for canceling or rescheduling your itinerary with any Alaska flights are almost the same. You can pick the one that suits you the best.
Can I reschedule my Alaska flight?
Once you complete the cancelation process of your previous booked service, you can rebook a new flight any time you want.
Alaska Airlines (AS)Popular Airports
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles International Airport Flights
- San Francisco International Airport Flights
- Portland International Airport Flights
- San Diego International Airport Flights
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
Popular routes of the Alaska Airlines (AS) airlines
- Seattle to Anchorage (SEA to ANC)
- Los Angeles to Seattle (LAX to SEA)
- Seattle to Los Angeles (SEA to LAX)
- Anchorage to Seattle (ANC to SEA)
- Chicago to Seattle (CHI to SEA)
- San Francisco to New York City (SFO to NYC)
Alaska Airlines (AS) airlines Destinations
- Flights to Anchorage
- Flights to Seattle
- Flights to Los Angeles
- Flights to Chicago
- Flights to New York City
Other Help Topics of Alaska Airlines (AS)
- Alaska Airlines customer support number
- Alaska Airlines flight change
- Alaska Airlines cancellation policy
- Alaska Airlines refund policy
- Alaska Airlines baggage policy