Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Alaska Airlines
The Alaska flight change option is a great way to reschedule your trip instead of canceling the entire reservation. It is not only convenient but also saves passengers from paying a hefty amount as a cancellation fee. However, the policy is applicable to only specific categories, and not all bookings qualify for the flight change luxury. If you want to know whether you are eligible for a flight change for free or not, here is a complete guide on Alaska flight change policy:
Alaska Flight Change Policy
Headquartered in SeaTac, Washington, Alaska, is the sixth-largest airline in North America. It operates an extensive domestic network, which focuses primarily on connecting from the Pacific Northwest, West Coast, and Alaska to over hundreds of destinations in the Contiguous United States, Belize, Hawaii, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico. Being a popular airline, the airline carries millions of passengers annually. Thus it understands that plans may change, and under such circumstances, the airlines allow passengers to make specific changes to their flights instead of canceling them.
- Alaska has eliminated its flight change fee for Main Cabin and First Class fares. However, you may have to pay for the fare difference, if the new flight is costlier than the previous one.
- Under Alaska’s no-show policy, the passenger must change his itinerary before the flight departs.
- Saver fares cannot be changed, as these are non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Same-day changes can be made during the check-in window. USD 25-USD 50 will be charged, but no fare difference will be applicable.
- You can make the changes only if the ticket is purchased from Alaska Airlines’ official website.
- If the booking has been done through a third-party agent, you need to contact them to make the required changes.
- If you are not eligible for online change, you can call Alaska’s reservation at 1 800 252 7522.
- You will be eligible for flight changes, if no one from your reservation has checked-in.
- You can make changes if the reservation includes no more than 7 passengers or is not a part of a larger group.
- You cannot make changes if your reservation includes pets.
- To be eligible for online changes, your reservation must contain travel within the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- It must not contain more than 8 segments and must not contain more than 6 passengers.
- The ticket must be purchased from Alaska’s official website, Alaska reservation call center or Alaska ticket counter.
- Not be a partner award issued by an Alaska reservation call center, or Alaska ticket counter.
- Not more than 13 months from the date of purchase.
Alaska 24-hour Flight Change Policy
The 24-hour flight change and cancellation policy are among the most beneficial policies of almost all US airlines. Alaska, too, provides its customers with a 24-hour flight change policy so that if a plan changes, they have the choice to make an easy and quick choice. However, the policy is applicable to a few circumstances:
- Passengers, including Saver Fare holders, can make some specific changes to their existing booking free of charge if done within 24-hours from the time of booking.
- Saver Fare ticket holders might have to incur the fare difference (if applicable).
- Main and First class ticket holders are allowed to change the itinerary only once for free after the 24-hour risk-free period.
Alaska Flight Change Policy for Different Fares
- Saver Fares are non-changeable and non-refundable.
- You are allowed to make changes only if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking. You may have to incur the fare difference.
- If your Saver Fare falls under ‘Peace of Mind Waiver’, you may make some change in your itinerary.
- To be eligible to make the changes under ‘Peace of Mind Waiver’ policy, you must first cancel the flight and rebook it.
Main and First Class Fare
- Alaska has eliminated change fees on Main and First Class fares.
- If you make the change on the same day the flight is departing, you must pay a change fee.
- Although there is no change fee, you may have to pay for the fare difference if the new flight costs more than the original one.
- If the new flight costs less than the original one, Alaska will refund you the amount.
- You can make changes in your reservation to an Alaska flight booked with points for free.
- If your new flight is costlier than the previous one, you might need to supplement with additional miles.
Steps to Change Alaska Flights
- Visit Alaska Airlines official website.
- Enter passenger’s last name and confirmation code or e ticket
- Click on Continue
- Select ‘Change the trip’
- Under Departing Flight section, select ‘Change Flight
- Click the continue button and select a new flight. Pay for any fare difference.
- Click on Checkout to confirm the changes
Alaska Flight Change Policy for Destinations
Alaska Airlines’ change flight policy is applicable to only reservations made within the US, Canada, and Mexico. If your booking is made somewhere else apart from the mentioned cities, then you won’t be able to change the booking.
Alaska Flight Change Fee
Alaska has waived off its change fee for all types of fares, except Basic Economy tickets known as Saver fares. However, you may have to pay USD 0-USD 500 as a change fee under some circumstances.
- Alaska has waived off their cancellation fee for Main and First class fares.
- Members of Mileage Plan loyalty programs too can change and cancel their flight with no change fee.
- Saver Fare ticket holders are required to pay USD 25-USD 50 to make changes in their itinerary if the changes are made after a 24-hour risk-free period.
- For same-day change, passengers have to incur USD 25-USD 50 as change fee.
Alaska Same-Day flight change
Alaska’s same-day change will cost you around USD 25-USD 50. However, you do not have to pay for any fare difference. You can proceed with the same-day flight change during the check-in window, and the changes must be made prior to the scheduled departure of the original flight. Furthermore, under the same-day flight change policy, you can make the changes for an alternate flight departing on the same day, from the same origin to the same destination. It means you can only change your seat, name, and flight departure time on the same day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Alaska flight without changing fees?
Alaska has eliminated its flight change fee from the Main Cabin and First Class fares. Saver fare ticket holders must pay for the change fee if the changes are done after a 24-hour risk-free window. If there is a difference in fare between the new flight and the previous one, then passengers must pay for the fare difference.
How late can you change an Alaska flight?
Alaska permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. You can change the name, time, and destination at least 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure by paying a nominal change fee. This policy does not apply to saver fares.
How much does it cost to change an Alaska Flight?
Alaska has eliminated its change fee for all types of fares except for Saver fares. However, the 24-hour no-change fee will be applicable to all types of fares. If somehow you miss the window, the airline will charge you USD 25 to USD 50 as a change fee along with the fare difference.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining will be credited for future travel or Alaska will completely refund you the amount.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting Alaska’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call Alaska at 1 800 252 7522.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
Saver fares are non-changeable. But if you are changing the information within the 24-hours from the time of booking, then it will be free of charge.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Alaska allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my Alaska flight on the same day?
Alaska allows passengers to make the changes within 24 hours of the flight’s scheduled departure. To make the same-day change, passengers must pay USD 25-USD 50. Basic Economy ticket holders are not entitled to change their flight on the same day.
Can I get a refund for an unwanted flight change?
If the airline forces you to change the flight due to overbooking, then you are eligible for a refund. In such scenarios, the airline sometimes compensates you by providing an alternate flight.
Alaska Airlines Popular Airports
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Portland International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- John F Kennedy International Airport
Alaska Airlines Popular Routes