Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Bahamasair (UP)
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Bahamasair , then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Bahamasair cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Bahamasair (UP) is the national airline of Bahamas and is headquartered in Nassau. Being the significant airline of the country, it operates to 32 domestic and 10 international destinations of the Caribbean and the United States. It was founded in 1973 and has a primary hub at Lynden Pindling International Airport.
Bahamasair Cancellation Policy (UP)
Planning to cancel your Bahamasair (UP) flight? Don’t worry! With Bahamasair, you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Bahamasair cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Bahamasair .
Bahamasair 24 Hours Cancellation Policy (UP)
Fortunately, the Bahamasair 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If a Bahamasair flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 5 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee is charged, depending upon the type of the tickets.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Bahamasair Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All the passengers are entitled to a full refund until the risk-free period lasts.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets, won’t receive any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- You will get/claim a full refund with business class even after the risk-free period.
- A penalty will be charged, if you cancel your tickets 2-3 days or a few hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Bahamasair Cancellation Policy for Different Class (UP)
Bahamasair cancellation and refund policy varies differently depending upon the ticket fare and cabin class. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the policy.
- The tickets in economy class are non-refundable. Hence, it’s best to book a refundable ticket if there might be a chance that you will cancel your flight.
- If you cancel a non-refundable economy flight after the risk-free period, then a cancellation fee of USD 50 will be charged.
- A Bahamasair flight ticket under the business fare allows you to make changes without paying any extra cost even after the risk-free period, or if you miss your flight.
- All refundable tickets will be fully compensated. However, if the earlier paid fare is invalid for new tickets, you might be required to pay an extra amount.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Bahamasair flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers are entitled to compensation when a flight is delayed or canceled due to the airline’s fault, weather conditions or government restrictions.
- Passenger’s flight must be delayed/canceled for three hours or more to be eligible for compensation.
- Depending on the type of ticket, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto USD 700.
- When flights are canceled by the airline, they are entitled to provide passengers with an alternative flight without charging any extra cost.
- If the flight gets delayed for more than four hours, passengers are eligible for meals and drinks corresponding to the waiting time and the time of day, irrespective of type of their ticket.
- If the flight is delayed for six hours or more during the night, or till the next day, Bahamasair provides checked-in passengers with hotel accommodation plus catering services and transfer to and from the hotel.
|All flights under 1500km||USD 269 per person|
|Internal EU flights under 1500km||USD 430 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights between 1500km- 3500km||USD 430 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights over 3500km||USD 647 per person|
How to Cancel an Bahamasair Flight?
Bahamasair cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support / airport’s ticket office. Here’s how you can cancel your Bahamasair flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit Bahamasair website’s homepage. Then click on log in or sign up to move further.
- After logging in, add your ticket credentials to manage your booking. If you don’t have an account skip the sign up process and click over to visit the cancellation page.
- After getting on the cancellation page, click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ button.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Bahamasair cancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Bahamasair is: +1-844-673-0381.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question before the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Bahamasair flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 3- Cancel at the Airport
- If the online method doesn’t meet your expectations, you can simply make a visit to the airport from where you were to board the flight from.
- Next, head to the Bahamasair’s ticket office to talk about the cancellation procedure.
- In this way, you can converse face to face with the agent, ask about your queries and initiate flight cancellation.
- The entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of payment made by the passengers.
Bahamasair Cancellation Fee
The passengers are required to pay USD 50 as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. A fee of USD 250 will be charged, if flights are canceled after the scheduled departure. The cancellation fee also depends on the fare regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 10 days. The airline may also offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation.
Bahamasair Refund Policy
- As per Bahamasair Airlines cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 7 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to the airline’s fault, severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
How to Get Refund from Bahamasair?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Bahamasair ’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Bahamasair ’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Bahamasair ’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Bahamasair Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Related Queries
There’s a different Bahamasair customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- Bahamas: 1 242 702 4159
- North America: United States:1-800-222-4262
- Latin America
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Bahamasair?
The Bahamasair flight cancellation fee is USD 50 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Bahamasair depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Bahamasair reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 5 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on distance, duration of cancellation, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Bahamasair allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Bahamasair flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Bahamasair flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Bahamasair?
Yes, Bahamasair allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Bahamasair cancels my flight?
In case Bahamasair cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Bahamasair Popular Airports
- Nassau International Airport Flights
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Flights
- Grand Bahama International Airport Flights
- Miami International Airport Flights
- Orlando International Airport Flights
Bahamasair Popular Routes
- Fort Lauderdale to Nassau (FLL to NAS)
- Nassau to Fort Lauderdale (NAS to FLL)
- Miami to Nassau (MIA to NAS)
- Nassau to Miami (NAS to MIA)
- Orlando to Nassau (ORL to NAS)
- Fort Lauderdale to Freeport (FLL to FPO)