Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
There are many such scenarios when passengers are forced to cancel their flight. It not only costs them big, but even airlines also lose their valuable customers. To erase such difficulties, airlines have introduced a flight change policy under which passengers can reschedule their flight for a later date. Being one of the world’s oldest airlines, the British Airways flight change policy has been introduced to provide customers with a flexible option when plans change.
British Airways, a flag carrier airline of British Airways, was founded in 1916 as Aircraft Transport and Travel Limited. Being in the business for over 126 years, British Airways offers ultimate convenience to passengers both on-board and off-board.
British Airways Flight Change Policy
Under British Airways change flight policy, reservations made on or after March 3, 2020 can be changed for free and used anytime up to April 30, 2023.
- Passengers can change dates online through ‘Manage My Booking’, for tickets booked on or after March 3, 2020 for travel between April 30 and December 22, 2022.
- Destination and date changes must be applied for
- British Airways will cancel your reservation on behalf of you.
- You will receive the travel voucher within 7 days
- The value of the travel voucher will be equal to the value of your reservation
- The travel vouchers are valid tipp April 30, 2023
- When you rebook with your travel voucher, no change fee will be applied. However, you may have to pay for the fare difference.
- The ticket must be booked directly via British Airways website, British Airways call center, or British airways trade outlet.
- Travel vouchers are non-refundable and can be used for booking flight tickets on British Airways.
- British Airways allows customers to change their reservation within 24 hours of booking for free. Fare difference will be applicable.
- British Airways allows you to change both date and destination free of charge, excluding franchise airline Sun-Air routes.
British Airways 24-hour Flight Change Policy
Under British Airways 24-hour flight change policy, passengers can easily cancel their flight within 24-hours of booking with no additional cost. However, a fare difference will be applicable, if the new flight is costlier than the previous one. The policy is applicable to all types of fare.
British Airways Date Change Policy for Return Flights
- British Airlines allows customers to change the return flight date of British Airways by phone or online.
- The airline offers numerous frequent flier programs. If you are a member of one of the British Airways frequent flier programs, you can earn miles on flights operated by other partner airlines.
- You can change the return date online via the British Airways website or you can directly call British Airways customer support number.
British Airways Same-day Flight Change Policy
- No same-day flight change charge will be applicable for domestic flights.
- The same-day flight change fee for long-haul international flights depends on travel class and fare type.
- If you need to change the flight on the same day, you must inform the airline at least one hour before departure via phone call, email, or checking in online.
- The airline doesn’t allow same-day flight change if the itinerary includes one or more connecting flights.
- Same-day flight change will not be allowed if you have already checked-in for your flight.
- You may have to pay for the fare difference, if applicable.
British Airways Name Change Policy
- British Airways allows customers to edit or rectify the typing mistakes done during the booking, over the phone. You can correct your name by paying a name change fee.
- The airline doesn’t allow you to transfer your ticket to someone else.
British Airways Date and Destination Change Policy
- You can change the date and destination of your British Airways flight with no additional fee, on journeys due to be completed by September 30, 2022.
- You must have to submit a form in exchange for a voucher to the value of your trip, so you can rebook when you are ready.
- The airline will initiate a voucher, which can be used as a payment or part payment for a future booking. If you hold an Avios Reward Flight Saver, Reward Flight, Companion or Gold Upgrade Voucher booking, by applying for a voucher you will receive a refund and Companion or Gold Upgrade Voucher will revert back to the original expiry date.
British Airways Change Fee
British Airways has eliminated its flight change fee for the following tickets and extended their validity till April 30, 2023:
- Flights booked on or after March 3, 2020, and on or before April 30, 2022.
- Flights booked before March 3, 2020 with a travel date on or before February 28, 2021
- The validity of the ticket will be extended till April 30, 2023.
- You can change the travel date and destination without any change fee.
- You may have to pay for the fare difference.
- If you make the changes online via the airline’s website, the airline will not charge you any fee. But if you make the changes by phone or at the airport, the airline will charge you USD 25 and USD 35 respectively.
Steps to change British Airways Flight
- Visit https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_in/
- Click on Manage and then select Manage My Booking
- Enter booking reference and passenger’s last name and click on continue
- Select change booking
- Find your preferred dates
- Pay for the fare difference if any.
- Receive your new flight itinerary.
Note: In order to change the flight for a different destination or if you are unsure about your next travel date, you must cancel your previous booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my British Airways flight without change fees?
British Airways has eliminated its change fees from all fare types, and destinations. However, you must make the changes online. If you are calling the British Airways customer support number or at the airport, the airline will charge you USD 25 and USD 35 respectively as a change fee.
How late can you change a British Airways flight?
British Airways permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. You can change the name, time, and destination at least one before the flight's scheduled departure.
How much does it cost to change a British Airways Flight?
British Airways has eliminated its change fee for all types of fares.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining will be credited for future travel or British Airways will completely refund you the amount.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting British Airways’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call British Airways at 1 800 247 9297.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
British Airways refundable and non-refundable tickets are entitled to make changes any time without any additional change fee. Fare difference will be applicable.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
British Airways allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my British Airways flight the same day?
British Airways allows passengers to make the changes up to one hour before the flight’s scheduled departure. To make the same-day change, passengers must inform the airline via phone, email, or by visiting the airline’s airport counter.
Can I get a refund for an unwanted flight change?
If the airline forces you to change the flight due to overbooking, then you are eligible for a refund. In such scenarios, the airline sometimes compensates you by providing an alternate flight.
Can I change my seat after I’ve checked in?
Yes, you can easily upgrade or change your seat after checking in. You can contact British Airways ground staff at the airport and request seat change. However, it is subject to availability.
British Airways Popular Airports
- London Heathrow Airport Flights
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Flights
- London Gatwick Airport Flights
- Philadelphia International Airport Flights
British Airways Popular Routes
- London to New York City (LON to NYC)
- London to Chicago (LON to CHI)
- London to Dallas (LON to DAL)
- London to Tirana (LON to TIA)
- London to Istanbul (LON to IST)