Due to some uncertainties, you can no longer board the Brussels Airlines flight at its scheduled time. In such cases, most passengers cancel their reservation and end-up spending the money for the service they haven’t availed of. But instead of canceling the reservation, you can reschedule your trip. Brussels Airlines’ flight change policy has been introduced to address such issues.
Brussels Airlines, the flag carrier and the largest airline in Belgium, operates scheduled flights to over 121 destinations in North America, Europe, and Africa. Furthermore, the airline is a member of Star Alliance and a part of Lufthansa Group.
Brussels Airlines Flight Change Policy
Whether you are changing the travel date, seat, or destination, Brussels Airlines allows its passengers to choose what suits them the best. The airline provides a very flexible Brussels Airlines change flight rules, which make reconsidering your trip with the airline convenient. For a clear picture, here are some key highlights:
- Passengers can change their reservation free of charge, if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking. This policy is applicable to all fare types.
- After the risk-free period, passengers have to pay a nominal change fee to make any changes in their reservation.
- The airline allows passengers to make the changes even after they have done the online check-in procedure.
- To make the changes in group booking, the passenger must separate the ticket that requires changes. A change fee will be applicable for that individual ticket.
- If the passenger is making changes after paying for an upgrade, the airline will refund the upgrade amount.
- If the new flight is costlier than the original flight, the passenger must pay for the fare difference.
Brussels Airlines 24-hour Policy
- The 24-hour risk-free policy allows passengers to make the changes for free.
- This policy is not applicable to all fare types.
- You would have to pay for the fare difference if there is any. In case your new flight costs more than the original flight, you are required to pay for the fare difference.
Brussels Airlines Date Change Policy
- Date changes are valid for one year. You can change the date as per your convenience. However, extending the period is not entertained by the airline.
- Brussels Airlines will charge you a date change fee to make date changes. You can do it for free, if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking.
- You can request for the date change. However, the confirmation is subject to the availability of seats for the new date.
Brussels Airlines Name Change Policy
- Brussels Airlines allows passengers to correct any typing error in their name. The name must match with your passport and ID you are providing to the airline.
- The name changes have to be made the same way you have booked your tickets.
- Brussels Airlines name change cannot be done online. You have to visit the airline’s service center to correct your name.
- The airline allows corrections to only two characters. You cannot change the entire name.
- A name change fee of $26 will be applicable.
Brussels Airlines Same-Day Flight Change
Brussels Airlines same day flight change entitles the passengers to make the changes in their reservation even after the online check-in procedure. However, not all fare types are allowed to make same-day change. If you are unsure about your fare type, contact the airline directly.
Brussels Airlines Flight Change Fee
The Brussels Airlines change fee depends on the fare type, the origin and the destination, and time, and date when the changes are done. Not all tickets are entitled to make changes for free. To know further, read the points below:
- The airline will levy $26 as a change fee, if the changes are done after the 24-hours risk free period.
- The itinerary change fee depends on the origin, and destination you wish to take. The change fee will depend on the route you are taking.
- If you are making the changes at the Brussels Airlines service center, a fee of $40 will be applicable. You have to pay the change fee after the successful completion of the change process.
- Basic fare holders are required to pay the entire ticket amount as a change fee.
- Brussels Airlines doesn’t allow non-refundable tickets to make any changes.
- If your ticket is covered by travel insurance, the airline will not charge you for making any changes. You can even change the reservation 24-hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- For date changes, the passenger has to pay $30.
Steps to Change Brussels Airlines Flight
There are three ways you can make changes in your itinerary. You can request for the changes either online, or by visiting the service center, or at the airport. Here, you will get detailed information about how to change the booking.
- Visit https://www.brusselsairlines.com/in/en/homepage
- Click on ‘My Booking’
- Enter your last name and booking reference number
- The next page will display your booking details
- Click on the area you like to change
- Before proceeding further, the airline will ask you to make the payment of change fee (if applicable)
- The changes will be made as soon as you pay the change fee
- A confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email
Via Phone Call
- Call Brussels Airlines customer support number +1 800 401 1801
- A customer support executive will be assigned to assist you further
- Share the details like PNR with the executive and tell him to make the required changes
- They would check your eligibility, and if you are entitled to make changes, the executive will ask you to pay for the change fee (if applicable)
- Once done, the executive will make the changes and you will receive an SMS from the airline
At the Airport
- Visit Brussels Airlines ticket counter at the airport
- Describe your issue with the on-site executive of Brussels Airlines
- The executive will check your eligibility and if required, will ask you to pay the change fee
- Pay for the fare difference if any
- The changes will be made and you will receive a confirmation SMS or mail
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my Brussels Airlines flight without change fees?
If you are making the changes within 24-hours of booking, then the airline will not charge you any change fee. However, you may have to pay for the fare difference. If the changes are done after the 24-hours risk-free period, the airline will ask you to make a change fee.
How late can you change a Brussels Airlines flight?
Brussels Airlines permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. If your trip is covered with travel insurance, you are eligible to make changes for up to 24-hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
How much does it cost to change a Brussels Airlines Flight?
The change fee of Brussels Airlines depends on various factors. The standard charges are $25-$40.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining will be credited for future travel or Brussels Airlines will completely refund you the amount.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting Brussels Airlines’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call Brussels Airlines at +1 800 401 1801.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
Non-refundable tickets are not allowed to go through any changes.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Brussels Airlines allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my Brussels Airlines flight the same day?
Brussels Airlines allows passengers to make the changes even after the online check-in procedure. If your ticket is covered by travel insurance, you can make the changes up to 24-hours before the scheduled departure.
Can I get a refund for an unwanted flight change?
If the airline forces you to change the flight due to overbooking, then you are eligible for a refund. In such scenarios, the airline sometimes compensates you by providing an alternate flight.
Can I change my seat after I’ve checked in?
The seat change eligibility depends on the fare type and availability of seats in the new flight you have chosen.