Cathay Pacific Flight Change
Fortunately, the flight change process is quicker and faster these days. Passengers can easily visit the official website or contact the airline’s customer support to make the required changes. Similarly, after reading the Cathay Pacific flight change policy, you can decide to make such changes and save yourself from paying the change fees.
Furthermore, Cathay Pacific (CX) is a renowned major flag carrier airline of China and is headquartered in Hong Kong’s metropolitan area. Founded in 1946, the airline has a primary hub at Hong Kong International Airport. In addition, it operates in 190 destinations in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Cathay Pacific Flight Change Policy
Cathay Pacific regularly updates its policies and guidelines for the betterment of its passengers. Before making changes in your flights, it’s best that you take a thorough read of the Cathay Pacific Airways change flight policy, in order to avoid unnecessary discrepancies and change fees.
- The flight change policy of Cathay Pacific allows passengers to make changes to their flights free of cost anytime up to 31st December 2022. However, you must travel before 31st December 2023.
- If the price of the new ticket is more expensive than the older one, then passengers are entitled to pay the fare difference and taxes.
- If your new flight costs less than the older one, then the residual balance will be refunded back to the original payment source of the passenger.
- A change fee will be levied if tickets are changed after 31st December 2022, even if your ticket is issued within 9 March 2020 to 31st December 2022.
- All ticket fares are allowed to make changes in flights free of charge, even before the scheduled departure.
Cathay Pacific Schedule Flight Change Policy
- The scheduled flight change policy says that, if a flight is changed due to the airline’s fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and ticket fare type.
- The reasons why such changes takes place are:
- The seasonal demands and new routes are needed.
- Time changes from daylight to standard time or vice versa.
- The changes in the flight numbers or operating times.
- The flights that no longer operate.
- In case a scheduled flight gets changed, the passengers will be allowed to make flight changes and rebooking upto 3 hours prior to the departure of the new flight.
Cathay Pacific Name Change Policy
- Cathay Pacific modify flight policy allows passengers to make minor name changes and corrections free of charge.
- As per the airline, passengers can make changes to:
- Addition or deletion of middle name
- Deletion of duplicate titles
(if booked online or via the mobile app)
- Interchanging of first and last name
- Correction of gender or title—such as Mr. to Ms., Mrs. to Ms. or Ms., etc.
- Spelling mistakes of up to 3 characters in the first, middle, or last name.
- Cathay Pacific doesn’t allow any passenger to make name changes in the ticket of another passenger. The change in ownership is strictly prohibited by the airline.
- Name changes made for more than 3 alphabets or changes due to marriage, naturalization, or other reasons will invite a name change fee.
|Flight Origin||Direct Booking Via Website||Booking Via Travel Agent|
|North America||Free of Charge||$30|
|Japan and Taiwan||$30||$30|
|South Africa, South West Pacific, Hong Kong, Mainland China, South Korea, Sri Lanka, the Middle East||Free of Charge||$60|
|India, Europe, South East Asia|
Cathay Pacific Date Change Policy
- As per Cathay Pacific flight change policy, passengers are allowed to modify flight’s date or rebook their flight.
- The date change request can be done for free, if you do so until 31st December 2021.
- Your ticket was issued anytime between 9 March 2020- 31st December 2022 and you must travel before 31st December 2023.
- There are no limitations to the number of changes made in the date of the flight as long as the flight booking is valid.
- If you don’t qualify for this waiver, a date change fee will be charged as per the airline’s policy.
- A change fee levied will be of $50 to change a Standard Economy ticket, and $150 to change a Promotional, Economy Save, Premium Economy Standard, or Business Save ticket.
Steps To Change Cathay Pacific Flights
- Visit Cathay Pacific.com from any browser(Safari or Google Chrome)
- Click on the manage booking tab.
- Add your ticket credentials and hit the search button.
- Choose the flight you want to change.
- Click on the change flight button and select preferred flight, date, time.
- If you had booked a round-trip, both your departure and return destinations will appear.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Cathay Pacific will send you a confirmation over your registered email.
Cathay Pacific Flight Change Fee
- Cathay Pacific Airways change flight policy says that, you won’t have to pay a change fee if your ticket is changed before 31st December 2022 and you must travel before 31st December 2023.
- If you don’t qualify for a free flight change, then the airline will charge a change fee for rebooking.
- As aforementioned, a date change and name change fee will be levied on all tickets that don’t fall under free change criteria.
Cathay Pacific Flight Change Guidelines For Cathay Credits
- Cathay Pacific allows you to exchange your ticket to Cathay Credits and use them later if you aren’t sure of your travel plans yet.
- Cathay Credits can only be used on Cathay Pacific flights (CX) and can be applied only to fully unused tickets.
- You must apply for a Cathay Credit before your original travel date. If your flight is costlier, you must pay the fare difference.
- You can apply for travel credits only when your ticket is issued within 9 March to 31st December 2022 and must travel before 31st December 2023.
Cathay Pacific Same-Day Change
- Southwest same-day change guidelines are very seamless and allow passengers to make flight changes even on the day of flight departure.
- There is no same-day fee charged for flight tickets, provided that your ticket is issued anytime between 9 March 2020- 31st December 2022.
- Passengers may also request for future travel credits, if they comply with guidelines of the airline.
- The same-day change is allowed for all flight fares and destinations (both domestic and international).
Cathay Pacific Flight Upgrade
- Passengers with Economy and Premium Economy tickets can ask for a flight upgrade to higher cabin class by setting a bid via the official website.
- Visit the website to check your eligibility, then enter your bid. Kf your bidding is successful then you will have to pay a bid amount and thereafter you can enjoy your upgrade.
- As per Cathay Pacific flight change system, with a flight upgrade you will get added perks such as comfortable seats, priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium wines, and other luxurious amenities.
- For more information about the flight upgrade, visit the airline’s official website or contact the customer support.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
Cathay Pacific doesn’t charge any change fee for all tickets, if your ticket is issued anytime from 9 March 2020-31st December 2022. However, you must make changes till 31st December 2022 to avoid any change fees.
What is Cathay Pacific's change policy now?
The Cathay Pacific modify flight policy allows you to make changes to your flights from the day of flight booking till anytime prior to the scheduled departure until 31st December 2022. There will be no change fee charged but you might have to pay a fare difference/ taxes depending upon the route.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Cathay Pacific's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Cathay Pacific flight?
Cathay Pacific flight change policy allows all ticket fare types to make changes to their flights anytime prior to their original scheduled departure until 31st December 2022.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be credited to your travel funds or refunded back to your original source of payment.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Cathay Pacific Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay fare differences if applicable.
Can I change my Cathay Pacific flight the same day?
You can change your flight the same day as your flight departures. No extra charges will be taken for the tickets changed prior to departure, provided that your booking complies with the airline’s “no cost’ change guidelines.
Can I make changes in my Cathay Pacific flight if I am traveling outside China?
Yes you can make changes to your flight routes outside China without paying any extra change fee until 31st December 2022. You will only be asked to pay the fare difference varying entirely upon the destination.
Can I make changes in a non-refundable ticket?
Yes, the Cathay Pacific flight change policy allows you to make changes to a non-refundable ticket. You may also apply for travel credits if your flight originates from China or Singapore.
Can I change a Basic Fare ticket?
Yes, all ticket fares are eligible for flight change with Cathay Pacific Airways (CX). If your tickets are issued anytime within 9 March 2020 to 31st December 2022, and you make changes till 31st December 2022, then you are eligible for free change.