Know more about Guayaquil
Plan a trip & book cheap flights from Chicago to Guayaquil and experience the beautiful landscape of Ecuador. With a distance of 3081mi from Chicago to Guayaquil, you can reach this port city of Ecuador within 9h-10h. Home to Guayas province, this city offers mostly seafood. Notable places like Malecon 2000, El Barrio las Peñas, Urdesa are must-visits and popular tourist spots. Also, with a wide variety of biking, hiking, walking, coffee, chocolate, cocoa tours, you can keep alternating your trip as much as you want. Do visit this oldest & colorful city of Ecuador once.
Fly Chicago to Guayaquil
April is the most affordable month for visiting Guayaquil, with the price drop by 13%. You will be able to get the lowest airfare bookings and hotel reservations this month. The peak season in December may result in a spike at prices of up to 28% and a jam-packed atmosphere. The round-trip price begins at $592 or less, and the average price for one-way deals at $ 288 and less.
The operating flights from Chicago to Guayaquil of available airlines are:
- Spirit with duration of 15h 30m+ and connecting from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Jose Joaquin de Olmedo Intl (GYE) at ₹15,149.
- COPA with duration 8h 13m+ and connecting from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Jose Joaquin de Olmedo Intl (GYE) ₹41,025.
- American with duration 8h 13m+ and connecting from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Jose Joaquin de Olmedo Intl (GYE) ₹41,070.
- United with duration 8h 13m+ and connecting from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Jose Joaquin de Olmedo Intl (GYE) ₹65,454.
Eateries in Guayaquil
- Le Croissant with 4.5 Serves best Ecuadorean & South American cuisines.
- Massala with 4.5 serves international cuisines.
- La Julia Sanducheria with 4.5 serves Fast Food, South American cuisines.
- Tijuana Restaurant with 4 serves Mexican, Latin cuisines.
Accommodations in Guayaquil
- Grand Hotel Guayaquil, Ascend Hotel Collection –9.1 rating
Centro de Guayaquil, Guayaquil
This hotel near cathedral facilitates outdoor swimming pool
gym and a restaurant and free Wi-Fi.
- Pepe’s House Guayaquil l Micro Hotel l B&B – 9 rating
Centro de Guayaquil, Guayaquil
Facilitates terrace, air conditioning with exceptionally accommodating staff.
- Luxva Hotel Boutique– 9 rating
This hotel, located near-by a church, features an outdoor swimming pool, free private
parking, a garden and a tennis court, free Wi-Fi, gardens and pool.
Security measures for airlines flying between Chicago to Guayaquil
Policies vary according to airlines, but the policies mainly accommodated by every airline to keep in the note are:
- Intensive sanitation
- Social distancing seats
- Mandatory masks (before the flight, during flight, after flight)
- Pre-flight quarantined conditions
- Negative COVID-19 result.
Things to do in Guayaquil
- Museo Presley Norton- Discover more about the cultural history of Ecuador here in this museum. The place is filled with precious artefacts that are noteworthy & remarkable.
- The Zoo at the Parque Histórico- Don’t miss out on this fascinating zoological park filled with preserved flora and fauna.
- Museum of Anthropology and Modern Art- If you’re an artist/ art lover, then this art museum will excite your artistic buds.
Which is the high season to travel from Chicago to Guayaquil?
The month of November, December, and January is considered to be the high season to travel from Chicago to Guayaquil.
At what time the earliest flight departs from Chicago (ORD)?
The earliest flight from Chicago (ORD) departs at 4 am.
How long do flights from Chicago to Guayaquil take?
The average flight takes 9 hours 59 minutes.
What is the peak season time for Chicago to Guayaquil flights?
December is the high peak season when the flight fares increase by an average of 28%.
What is the low season time for Chicago to Guayaquil flights?
You can visit Guayaquil with low flight fares and accommodations in May when the price drops to 10%.
What is the airport code for Chicago airport?
The IATA code for Chicago airport, Chicago O'Hare International Airport is ORD.
Can I carry my own food on flights from Chicago to Guayaquil?
Every airline has different baggage policies, for exact information do check their website or contact customer service.
Is Guayaquil safe to travel?
Guayaquil (GYE) is a safe city, provided that you dress down without any flashing jewelry or watches. Moreover, it's best to follow safety precautions to avoid any unnecessary nuisance.
What is Guayaquil famous for?
Guayaquil (GYE) is known to be the most important coastal city of Ecuador. Being the most beautiful city of Ecuador, it’s a transit hub for travelers.
Airports Near Chicago
- Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Gary Chicago International Airport (GYY)
- Chicago Executive Airport (PWK)
- Griffith Airport (GFF)
- Aurora Municipal Airport (AUZ)
Flights from Chicago
- Flights from Chicago to Quito – CHI to UIO
- Flights from Chicago to Cali – CHI to CLO
- Flights from Chicago to Pereira – CHI to PEI
- Flights from Chicago to Cuenca – CHI to CUE
- Flights from Chicago to Galapagos Island – CHI to GPS
Flights to Guayaquil
- Flights from Dallas to Guayaquil – DAL to GYE
- Flights from Cleveland to Guayaquil – CLE to GYE
- Flights from Charleston to Guayaquil – CHS to GYE
- Flights from Charlotte to Guayaquil – CLT to GYE
- Flights from Clarks Point to Guayaquil – CLP to GYE