About Panama City
Panama(PTY) is the largest capital city of Panama and the only city in the world to boast a rainforest within its limits. In addition, the city is highly known for the famous Panama Canal that divides North and South America. The city is also home to several pristine beaches and abundant wildlife that elevates the beauty of this place. Furthermore, the town covers a tropical savanna climate with subdued sunshine and a constant temperature ranging around 27 °rC. However, when you travel from Los Angeles to Panama City, don’t forget to carry your favorite beach attire and sunscreen so you don’t catch a sunburn.
Low / Peak Season
The best season to beat the crowd is in September, with an average price drop of 15%. In contrast, December is the peak season, when the price increases at an average of 22%.
Flights from Los Angeles to Panama City
To avail of the best cheap flights from Los Angeles to Panama City, book your seat with Spirit Airlines. They offer tickets at the cost of 97$ or less for a one-way trip and 343$ or less for a round-trip.
In addition, non-stop flights are also available for this route. Delta and Copa Airlines provide good deals on non-stop flights from Los Angeles(LAX) to Panama City(PTY).
The other airlines available for this route are- Air Canada, American Airlines, Avianca, and United.
Here are some fascinating insights for this route:
|Spirit Airlines||97$||Spirit Airlines||343$|
|Delta Airlines (NON-STOP)||225$||Delta Airlines (NON-STOP)||459$|
|COPA Airlines (NON- STOP)||210$||COPA Airlines (NON- STOP)||545$|
|United, COPA||417$||American Airlines||596$|
Eateries in Panama City
- El Trapiche – This popular local restaurant specializes in typical dishes with Panamanian Fiesta(an eight-dish concoction) on the highlight.
- Tantalo Kitchen – Tucked in downtown Panama City, it serves classic Spanish-style meals with a Panamanian touch. Moreover, the creative interior with intriguing nightlife scenes makes this place a gem.
- Maito – Keeping up with Panama city’s (PTY) cultural aesthetics, this diner serves delicious traditional Panamanian cuisine blended with international flavors (French, Italian, African, Spanish).
Accommodations in Panama City
- Riu Plaza Panamá – Located in a commercial district, this hotel offers luxurious stays with stylish rooms, an outdoor pool, hot tubs, and a complimentary buffet breakfast. You can also visit the Santuario Nacional Corazón cathedral, which is 300m from the hotel.
- Selina Casco Viejo – This five-star hotel features an outdoor pool, shared lounge, bar, and in-house dining area. You can also enjoy quality time at the beautiful terrace or visit the nearby Canal Museum of Panama.
- Hotel Marbella – Nestled in a fantastic location, this hotel offers standard rooms, a fitness center, in-house dining, and alcohol variety at the bar.
Things to do in Panama City
- Take a ship ride in the Panama Canal, take a closer look at the shipping operations, and learn more about the history of this famous canal that connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Visit Casco Viejo, an architectural street filled with terracotta roofs, café-bars, and the old quarter bell towers.
- For some biological history of Panama City(PTY), visit the Biomuseo. It’s the world’s first biodiversity museum consisting of colorful decorum and attractive artifacts.
If you’re a fan of bird watching, then visit the Soberania National Park. This bird sanctuary exhibits around 400 species of birds with eagles and parrots on the highlight.
What is the flight duration from Los Angeles to Panama City?
The flight duration will be about 6h 40m. Two flights per day, fly from Los Angeles to Panama City.
Are there any direct/ non-stop flights from Los Angeles to Panama City available?
Yes, there are non-stop flights available for this route. The airline's Delta and Copa, provide non-stop flights at a very reasonable price.
What are the best prices to take flights from Los Angeles to Panama City?
The best prices to take flights from Los Angeles to Panama City are offered by Spirit Airlines at a fare of 97$ for a one-way trip and 343$ for a round-trip.
Which Airports will I be using to take flights from Los Angeles to Panama City? What is FAQ?
You will board a flight from Los Angeles International Airport(LAX) and land at Tocumen International Airport(PTY).
Can I travel from Los Angeles to Panama City now?
Yes, you can travel from Los Angeles to Panama City now, but with some travel restrictions. You might need to provide a Covid-19 negative report taken within three days before departure or a valid vaccination certificate at arrival. Moreover, if you're a non-resident of the U.S., you need to show travel insurance and medical declaration documents on top of your valid passport.
Can I cancel my flight booking from Los Angeles to Panama City due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies before moving forward. The cancellation policies vary from airline to airline. Moreover, visit the customer support portal of the particular airline to learn more about the guidelines for your flight from Los Angeles(LAX) to Panama City(PTY).
How many miles is it from Los Angeles to Panama City?
It is approximately 4037 miles or 6497 km from Los Angeles to Panama City.
Do I need a passport to travel from Los Angeles to Panama City?
Yes, you require a valid passport to travel from Los Angeles(LAX) to Panama City(PTY).
What is Panama City famous for?
Panama City(PTY) is famous for its abundant wildlife and beautiful beaches, which attract many tourists to this country.
Is Panama City safe to travel to?
Generally, Panama City(PTY) is considered one of the safest places in South America, and the best place for solo travelers. However, it's best to follow safety precautions to avoid any unnecessary nuisance.
Airports Near Los Angeles
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- Santa Ana Airport (NNB)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Catalina Airport (AVX)
Airports Near Panama City
- Paama Airport (PBJ)
- Tocumen International Airport (PTY)
- Contadora Airport (OTD)
- Mandinga Airport (COG)
Flights from Los Angeles
- Flights from Los Angeles to Bocas Del Toro – LAX to BOC
- Flights from Los Angeles to Changuinola – LAX to CHX
- Flights from Los Angeles to Chitre – LAX to CTD
- Flights from Los Angeles to Contadora – LAX to OTD
- Flights from Los Angeles to La Palma – LAX to PLP
Flights to Panama City
- Flights from Little Rock to Panama City – LIT to PTY
- Flights from Lime Village to Panama City – LVD to PTY
- Flights from Louisville to Panama City – SDF to PTY
- Flights from Manchester to Panama City
- Flights from Lubbock to Panama City – LBB to PTY
Airlines Fly from Los Angeles to Panama City
- Copa Airlines Tickets
- United Airlines Tickets