About Porto Alegre
Porto Alegre(POA), the second-largest city in Brazil, is the ultimate beauty. Lying on the eastern banks of Guaíba Lake, the city abodes several beaches and historical buildings that make this city a golden charm of Brazil. Moreover, the city covers a humid subtropical climate with temperatures ranging from 10°C – 19°C in winters and 30°C – 40°C in summers. Since the summers are very hot here, it’s best to book flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre during winters.
Low / Peak Season
The low peak season for this route is in August when the prices drop at an average of 47%. In contrast, December is the high peak season with a 31% price increase.
Flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre
To avail of the best cheap flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre, book your tickets with Alaska Airlines for a one-way trip at the cost of 345$ or less. However, for a round-trip, go with American Airlines at the cost of 565$ or less.
There are no direct flights available, so expect a layover at Miami(MIA) or São Paulo(GRU). Furthermore, the other Airlines available for this route are- Aeromexico, Air Canada, Copa, Delta, LATAM Airlines Group, United.
For best flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre, here are some flight statistics:
|Alaska Airlines||345$||American Airlines||565$|
|Spirit Airlines, Copa||406$||Spirit Airlines, Copa||673$|
|United Airlines, LATAM||450$||United, Azul||792$|
|United Airlines||687$||Delta, AeroMexico||1107$|
|Delta||697$||Air Canada, LATAM||1125$|
Eateries in Porto Alegre
- Baalbek – Established in 1981 by a Lebanese family, this restaurant serves long-held traditions and culture recipes and tempting flavors that will melt in your mouth.
- Sharin – An Indian restaurant that serves the best authentic Asian cuisine. The menu features dishes like Tandoori duck and Bollywood prawns that bring traditional culture’s flavors out on the platter.
- Restaurant Gambrinus – This Portuguese restaurant brings a traditional charm back to life with its extensive menu. The dishes like fillet of sole and conger eel sauce, salmon fillet with capers, and shrimp elevate to a level of sophistication.
Accommodations in Porto Alegre
- Located at the perfect location, Meu Lugar na Cidade Baixa is ideal for your staycation. Quite near to the hotel is a central public market for all your shopping sprees plus the Beira Rio Stadium if you’re a sports fan.
- Another affordable stay in Charmoso JK Perto de tudo, where you can enjoy the simplicity of this city. You can also explore the nearby attractions, including Farroupilha Park, Praia de Belas Shopping Mall.
- For some luxury-filled experience, you can stay at Ibis Porto Alegre Aeroporto and discover the beauty of Porto Alegre(POA) from the balcony.
Things to do in Porto Alegre
- If you enjoy nightlife and want some night-time fun, go to Dirty Old Man for the ultimate entertainment. The menu covers an extensive beer collection that makes this place one of the best night hubs in Porto Alegre(POA).
- Go on a shopping spree at Santander Cultural Complex for all the fun things like retail shopping, art galleries, cafes and more under one roof.
- Watch your favourite soccer player at Arena do Grêmio while experiencing the very spirit of sports.
- Visit the PUCRS Museum of Science and Technology for exploring the world from a scientific perspective.
What is the flight duration from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
The flight duration will be about 18h 1m. Sit tight and carry your sleep pillow or your favorite novel since you’d be in it for a long while.
Is there a direct/ non-stop flight from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
There are no direct / non-stop flights available; hence, the flight will layover in Miami(MIA) or São Paulo(GRU).
What are the best prices to take flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
The best prices to take flights from Los Angeles(LAX) to Porto Alegre(POA) are offered by Alaska Airlines for a one-way trip at a fare of 345$ or less. However, American Airlines are the best suited for a round-trip at a fare of 565$.
Which Airports will I be using to take flights from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
You will board a flight from Los Angeles International Airport(LAX) and land at Porto Alegre International Airport(POA) also known as Salgado Filho.
Can I travel from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre now?
Yes, you can travel from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre now, but with some travel restrictions. You might need to provide a Covid-19 negative report taken within three days before departure or a valid vaccination certificate at arrival. If you're a non-resident of the U.S., you need to show travel insurance and medical declaration documents on top of your valid passport.
Can I cancel my flight booking from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies before moving forward. The cancellation policies vary from airline to airline. Moreover, visit the customer support portal of the particular airline to learn more about the guidelines for your flight from Los Angeles(LAX) to Porto Alegre(POA).
How many miles is it from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
It is approximately 6213 miles / 9999 km from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre.
Do I need a passport to travel from Los Angeles to Porto Alegre?
Yes, you require a valid passport to travel from Los Angeles(LAX) to Porto Alegre(POA).
What is Porto Alegre famous for?
Porto Alegre is widely famous for its historical park and buildings. Tourists love visiting this city, because it depicts Brazilian colonization in a spectacular way.
Is Porto Alegre safe to travel to?
Porto Alegre(POA) is considered one of the safest places in Brazil, and the best place for solo travelers. However, it's best to follow safety precautions to avoid any unnecessary nuisance.
Airports Near Los Angeles
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- Santa Ana Airport (NNB)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Catalina Airport (AVX)
Airports Near Porto Alegre
- Salgado Filho International Airport (POA)
Flights from Los Angeles
- Flights from Los Angeles to Obidos – LAX to OBI
- Flights from Los Angeles to Porto Seguro – LAX to BPS
- Flights from Los Angeles to Oriximina – LAX to ORX
- Flights from Los Angeles to Recife – LAX to REC
- LAX to RIO
Flights to Porto Alegre
- Flights from Kipnuk to Porto Alegre – KPN to POA
- Flights from Miami to Porto Alegre – MIA to POA
- Flights from Mobile to Porto Alegre – MOB to POA
- Flights from Imperial to Porto Alegre – IPL to POA
- Flights from Madison to Porto Alegre – MSN to POA