About Porto Alegre
Porto Alegre (POA) is the largest city and capital of Rio Grande do Sul, which is located near the Atlantic Ocean coast. Travelers can also see the best natural demonstration by watching the sundown on the Guaiba River, which carries a daily crowd to the waterfront. Visit Porto Alegre and explore the culture and various places; read below to find more details about the flights from New York to Porto Alegre.
Best Season to visit Porto Alegre
Porto Alegre (POA) has four seasons- Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter, but Spring (September to November) and Autumn (April to June) are the best seasons to enjoy a vacation in Porto Alegre. The weather on the mentioned days is unpredictable but is considerably excellent than the other seasons. Prices of flights from New York to Porto Alegre in the Spring and Autumn season can be high.
Best Flights from New York to Porto Alegre
Below are the flight details available from JFK to POA; the cheapest flight from New York to Porto Alegre (POA) is offered by Copa plus Azul Airlines at $423 for a one-way trip. The round trip is will cost you around $1397; refer to the below table for more fare details:
|Airline Name||One Way Trip||Airline Name||Round Trip|
|Copa + Azul Airlines||$423||Copa + Azul AirlinesAzul Airlines + Avianca||$1397|
|Copa||$441||Copa + Azul AirlinesLATAM Airlines + Avianca||$1526|
|Copa + LATAM Airlines||$544||Copa + GOL Linhas AereasAzul Airline + Avianca||$1588|
|COPA + GOL Linhas Aereas||$609||JetBlue + LATAM AirlinesLATAM Airlines||$1626|
|Alaska Airlines + Copa||$948||JetBlue + LATAM AirlinesLATAM Airlines + JetBlue||$1630|
Best Eateries in Porto Alegre
- Restaurante Quintanilha
Listed among the best cheap restaurants in Porto Alegre(POA), guests can try Brazilian cuisines and healthy cuisine.
- Cantina Pastasciutta Boulevard Laçador
An authentic and trustworthy Italian restaurant that serves pasta, sauces, and sides; this place is best in taste and flavour. All these meals start from $16, lunch dinner, and drinks are available for the guest.
- Coco Bambu
A restaurant with 500 seats, it has a warm and pleasant environment, guests can enjoy a variety of drinks and dishes involving seafood, poultry, fish, and meat. Go with friends or family and enjoy lunch or dinner.
Hotel to stay in Porto Alegre (POA)
- Laghetto Vertice Manhattan
This pet-friendly hotel for pet owners includes a fitness center. Hotel guests can enjoy their spare time by swimming in the pool.
- Hotel Master Express Alberto Bins
This place is 8 km away from the main airport and 1 km away from the bus station. Because the hotel is located in the middle of the central city shopping street, the charges are reasonable.
- Hotel Plaza Sao Rafael
The largest hotel of the Rede’s Plaza is located in the city’s historical center. The hotel is easily accessible from the Salgado Filho Airport; guests might see some famous artists in the hotel. This hotel also has a wine shop, jewellery shop, chocolate store, and other facilities for their guests.
Things to do in Porto Alegre
- Take a 4-hour historical tour and get information about Porto Alegre from the guide. It will help the traveler in knowing the place, history, and culture.
- Santa Cruz Building: If a traveler walks through the old city center, don’t miss the opportunity to visit Santa Cruz Building. The building was constructed in 1950 and 1960; see the best view from the 107-meter tall building.
- Porto Alegre has various exciting museums that may interest you. The city has a Science and Technology Museum, Art Museum of Rio Grande do Sul, Military Museum, Communication Museum, and many others.
What is the average flight ticket price for JFK to POA?
The flight ticket amount may vary from season to season, but on average, it ranges from $351 to $2996.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly from JFK to POA?
Thursday is the cheapest day of the week to fly from JFK to POA.
What is the total duration from JFK to POA?
The total journey time will take around 14 hrs 54 minutes from JFK to POA.
Is a passport mandatory to take a flight from JFK to POA?
Yes, carrying a passport is mandatory to fly from JFK to POA.
Which airports are available to take flights from JFK to POA?
New York John F Kennedy is the airport from where the passengers will board the flight from.
What is the name of the airport to take a flight from Porto Alegre?
Porto Alegre Salgado Filho is the name of the airport available in Porto Alegre.
Which airline offers a direct flight from JFK to POA?
Delta Airlines and Copa Airlines offer direct flights from JFK to POA.
What is the total distance from JFK to POA?
The total distance from JFK to POA is 8,890 kilometres and 5,524 miles.
Which airline is offering the cheapest flight ticket from JFK to POA?
Copa Airlines, Azul Airlines, and Avianca together offer the cheapest flight ticket currently.
When is the earliest flight available from JFK to POA in the morning?
The earliest flight available from JFK to POA is at 7:35 am.
Airports Near New York City
- Downtown Manhattan Heliport (JRB)
- East 34th Street Heliport (TSS)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Airports Near Porto Alegre
- Salgado Filho International Airport (POA)
Flights from New York City
- Flights from New York to Navegantes – NYC to NVT
- Flights from New York to Recife – NYC to REC
- Flights from New York to Rio Verde – NYC to RVD
- Flights from New York to Montes Claros – NYC to MOC
- Flights from New York to Rio De Janeiro
Flights to Porto Alegre
- Flights from Orlando to Porto Alegre – ORL to POA
- Flights from Mobile to Porto Alegre – MOB to POA
- Flights from Norfolk to Porto Alegre – OFK to POA
- Flights from Newark to Porto Alegre – EWR to POA
- Flights from Montgomery to Porto Alegre – MGM to POA