Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Known for its top research universities- Duke, University of North Carolina, and North Carolina State, Raleigh is swarmed with computer programmers, peace activists, and hip young families. It is the second-most populous capital city of North Carolina. Furthermore, the city is also known as the ‘City of Oaks’ for its many oak trees. In March, the city goes mad over the college basketball tournaments. So if you are a fan of basketball, consider booking flights from New York to Raleigh in March.
Best Time to Visit Raleigh
Raleigh encounters a humid subtropical climate, with temperatures in winters(January) falling to 5.5 °C and rising to 41 °C in summers(June). Since December is the high peak month with an average price increase of 24%, you can plan a trip from New York to Raleigh in September, when the prices drop at an average of 11%.
Best Flights from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU)
Book your seats with United Airlines for a one-way trip to get the cheap flights from New York to Raleigh. They offer tickets at a fair of USD 53.27 for a one-way trip. In addition, book your flight with Delta Airlines for USD 179.39 for a round trip.
Furthermore, you will board a flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and land at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport(RDU).
Now, let’s look at some insights concluding flight fares from New York to Raleigh:
Best Eateries in Raleigh
In Raleigh, you can enjoy a rainy evening by munchkin on some nachos or catfish and chips with a pint of North Carolina craft brews. This small city has a wide range of restaurants that offer great food.
- Second Empire Restaurant & Tavern
Located in Victorian Dodd-Hinsdale House, this place offers a warm ambience, terrific service, and gourmet cuisine. If you visit this place, try their award-winning contemporary American cuisine that provides an unforgettable dining experience.
- Big Ed’s City Market Restaurant
The menu features fresh local eggs perfectly cooked the way you like, with your choice of toast. Serving the community since 1950, Big Ed’s offers a beautiful dining experience full of southern hospitality and flavours.
- Mulino Italian Kitchen and Bar
For some delicious Italian meals, head in here. The diner proudly serves freshly baked pizza and hand-made pasta with a glass of wine or two.
Popular Accommodations in Raleigh
|High-range||Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel||USD 282.38|
|Mid-range||Raleigh Marriott City Center||USD 219.76|
|Low-range||Hilton Raleigh North Hills||USD 161.45|
Things to do in Raleigh
- Visit Pullen Park– the world’s oldest amusement park. Situated between downtown Raleigh and the campus of North Carolina State University, Pullen offers terrific recreational activities.
- Discover the state’s longest hiking trail, Mountains-to-sea-trail or ‘NC’s Hiking Trail’. The trail stretches more than 1000 miles and cuts through North Raleigh and the Neuse River Greenway Trail.
- Nestled in the heart of Raleigh(RDU), the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is one of the largest national science museums in the Southeastern United States. Visit here to explore scientific theories, methodologies and also observe real skeletons of dinosaurs.
What is the flight duration from New York to Raleigh?
The flight duration from New York to Raleigh will be about 1h 36m offered by JetBlue.
Are there any direct/ non-stop flights from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU) available?
Yes, there are several non-stop/ direct flights available on this route with Delta Airlines, JetBlue, United, and American Airlines.
How many airlines fly directly from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU)?
There are 13 airlines that fly directly from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU).
Which Airports will I be using to take flights from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU)?
You will board a flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and land at Raleigh-Durham International Airport(RDU).
Can I travel from New York to Raleigh now?
Yes, you can travel from New York to Raleigh now, but with some travel restrictions. You might need to provide a Covid-19 negative report taken within three days before departure or a valid vaccination certificate at arrival.
Can I cancel my flight booking from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU) due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies before moving forward. The cancellation policies vary from airline to airline. Moreover, visit the customer support portal of the particular airline to learn more about the guidelines for your flight from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU).
How many miles is it from New York to Raleigh?
It is approximately 509.4 miles from New York to Raleigh.
Do I need a passport to travel from New York (JFK) to Raleigh (RDU)?
No, you don't require a passport to travel from New York (JFK) to Raleigh(RDU).
Is Raleigh worth visiting?
Raleigh(RDU) is a beautiful city known for its oak trees. Moreover, it is home to numerous stunning museums that augment the beauty of this town.
Is Raleigh safe for travel?
Raleigh(RDU), is usually the safe city of North Carolina, provided that you dress down without any flashing jewellery, watches. Also, avoid handling money(cash and ATM cards) openly in public to avoid any robbery cases.
Airports Near New York
- Downtown Manhattan Heliport (JRB)
- East 34th Street Heliport (TSS)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Airports Near Raleigh Durham
- Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Rocky Mount Wilson Regional Airport (RWI)
- Moore County Airport (SOP)
- Fayetteville Regional Airport (FAY) Piedmont Triad
- International Airport (GSO)
Flights from New York
- New York to Asheville
- Flights NYC to Wilmington NC
- Flights from New York to New Bern – NYC to EWN
- Flights from New York to Charlotte
- New York to Jacksonville Flights
Flights to Raleigh Durham
- Flights from Newburgh to Raleigh Durham – SWF to RDU
- Flights from Ithaca to Raleigh Durham – ITH to RDU
- Flights from Rochester to Raleigh Durham – ROC to RDU
- ISP to RDU
- Flights from Poughkeepsie to Raleigh Durham – POU to RDU