Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Canceling a flight ticket and claiming a refund could be tedious, and the confusion related to the cancellation and refund process makes it even more back-breaking. However, with Copa Airlines, you do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation. The Copa Airline cancellation and refund policy is very flexible and allows passengers to cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking free of cost. Copa Airlines was founded in 1944 and commenced its operation in 1947. It is the flag carrier of Panama and is headquartered in Panama City. With a fleet size of 82, it covers 84 destinations worldwide.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy (CM)
There will be chances when you have to cancel a booked flight due to some unavoidable circumstances. According to Copa Airlines’ cancellation policy, if the reservation is canceled on the same day, the airline will not charge any fee, and you will be completely refunded. However, if the passenger buys the ticket on the same day of departure and then cancels the flight, only a part of the fee will be refunded.
In this guide, we will help you understand the airline’s cancellation and refund policy, cancellation fee, and changes in booking.
Copa Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy (CM)
Copa Airlines 24 hours cancellation policy allows the passengers a 24 hours window where they can cancel their booking without paying any cancellation fee. Irrespective of the type of ticket, you can cancel it without any extra cost.
- Under Copa Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, Copa (CM) will not charge any cancellation fee.
- If you put your reservation on hold for more than 24 hours, your ticket will be canceled.
- The passengers are eligible to cancel their flights only if the booking is made from the official website, customer support or concerned airport counters.
- If you have booked your Copa Airlines flights from a third-party agency, contact their customer support for more information about the refund policy.
- Both refundable and non-refundable tickets will be refunded with no extra cost if the passenger cancels the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy due to Covid-19
Due to the sudden Covid-19 outbreak, almost all airlines have undergone specific changes. Copa Airlines (CM), too, is not an exception, and it has changed some of its policies so that its passengers can enjoy some flexibility during the pandemic. The amendments are as follows:
- Scheduled itinerary changes with a delay of 4 hours or more, except the tickets issued in Brazil, whose regulations require refunds for 1 hour or more delays. And Canada, whose regulations require refunds for delays of 3 hours or more.
- Free cancellations will be allowed with a complete or partial refund to tickets affected by involuntary situations within and beyond the airline’s responsibility.
- The passenger will be refunded if they use the right of withdrawal or first refusal of the country where the ticket was sold.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Ticket
The right to claim a refund for both refundable and non-refundable tickets depends on specific circumstances. Here is a list:
- Refunds are subject to the fare rule and refund conditions of the taxes.
- Refunds must be requested during the validity of the ticket or the period specified by the regulations of some countries.
- Tickets issued in Colombia are valid for 2 years from the date of issue
- Tickets issued in Brazil are valid for 5 years from the date of issue
- Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of issue for the remaining countries.
- If the passenger has not used any portion of the ticket, a refund will be initiated, equal to the full fare amount plus the paid taxes at the time of the ticket issued. Non-refundable tickets will not be refunded, and a cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the passenger is denied boarding or is unable to complete the trip due to Copa Airlines’ responsibility, they will be refunded. However, for non-refundable tickets, the tax will be deducted.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy For Different Class
Copa’s cancellation policy varies on the type of ticket you purchased, and the policy also depends on the cabin class. Take a look at the below points to find relevant information:
Business Cabin- Business Promo and Business Full
- A Copa Business Class Ticket allows you to make some changes in your reservation free of cost if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours, you will be required to pay between USD 100 to USD 400 as a cancellation fee.
- If you make any changes to your reservation, including canceling the service, you have to pay a fine.
- Refundable tickets will be fully compensated in case of cancellation.
Main Cabin- Economy Basic, Economy classic, and Economy Full
- You may not be able to make any changes in your itinerary under some circumstances.
- Basic Economy tickets are not entitled to any changes or cancellation and hence you won’t receive any compensation. If you are not sure about the trip, it is better not to purchase basic economy tickets.
- Since Basic Economy tickets are non-refundable, you won’t receive any refund and must have to pay a cancellation fee of USD 100 depending on the route.
How to Get Compensation in case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
If Copa Airlines (CM) cancels your flight due to some unavoidable circumstance like a technical glitch, government policy, natural calamity, or denies you boarding, etc., the passenger will receive a compensation of around USD 650 for flight delays or cancellation:
- If the flight is delayed for more than an hour, then you will receive up to USD 650 as compensation. However, it depends on the distance between the destinations.
- If you are denied boarding due to overbooking, you will be refunded.
- Missed your connecting flight due to the first flight with Copa Airlines (CM).
- The airline will offer you an alternate means of transport in the first flight available, free of charge, and even provide you accommodation if it requires.
- Compensation vouchers will be provided if the delay is greater than 4 hours.
How to Cancel a Copa Airlines Flight?
You can easily cancel your Copa flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge USD 100 to USD 400 for canceling the flight after 24 hours of booking. To learn how to cancel your booking, read below:
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
- Visit https://www.copaair.com/en/web/us
- Go to Travel, and click on ‘Manage Your Booking’
- Enter your reservation code or E-ticket number and your last name
- Click on ‘Find Your Reservation’
- Once your flight booking shows up, you can select it and follow the prompts to cancel the flight.
Cancel Flight Ticket Offline
- You can either visit Copa’s counter at the airport or call +1 800 886 2672
- If you have called Copa’s customer support number, select the language that suits you the best.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Copa flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Fee (CM)
Whether the passenger holds a refundable ticket or a non-refundable one, the cancellation fee depends on the fare rules that apply to your flight ticket. The cancellation fee also varies on destination.
- If you cancel your Copa flight outside the 24-hour risk-free window, and the scheduled departure is within 24-hours, then a fee of USD 100 to USD 400 will be charged.
- The cancellation fee also depends on the pricing regulations applied to your booking.
Copa Airlines Refund Policy (CM)
- If you are denied boarding due to overbooking, the airline will compensate you or provide you with an alternate flight.
- Only refundable and eligible tickets will be qualified for a refund after the successful submission of the required documents.
- Economy Full and Business Full tickets are refundable.
- Business Promo, Economy Classic, and Economy Basic tickets are non-refundable. However, other than Economy Basic, the other two tickets can be changed and rebooked for future travel for a fee.
- Under an emergency, like sudden illness, death of the passenger, or close relatives, you are eligible for a refund. However, the claim must be backed by valid documentation.
- Refunds must be requested within a ticket’s validity period.
- Non-refundable taxes, fees, administrative fees, travel agency charges, or other applicable charges will not be reimbursed.
How to Get Refund from Copa Airlines?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit https://www.copaair.com/en/web/us/refund-request#
- Enter your reservation number or E-ticket
- Click on Continue
- Follow the instructions and claim your refund
- You can call Copa Airlines customer support number at +1 800 886 2672 based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Copa’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Copa Airlines Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
Copa’s customer support number varies depending on the region you are calling from. Here is a list of the important phone numbers required to cancel your Copa flight or claim a refund.
- Panama – +1 800 886 2672
- Brazil – 0 800 886 2672
- Colombia – 57 601 320 9090
- Mexico – 52 55 1516 3319
- USA – 1 800 FLY COPA (359 2672)
Can I cancel my Copa Airlines flight and get a refund?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.copaair.com/en/web/us, Copa Airlines Call Center, or airport counters. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Copa Airlines?
The Copa Airlines flight cancellation fee is between USD 100 to USD 400 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Copa Airlines depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Copa Airlines reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Copa Airlines allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Copa Airlines flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Copa Airlines flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Copa Airlines?
Yes, Copa Airlines allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings easily.
What will I do if Copa Airlines cancels my flight?
In case Copa Airlines cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Whom should I request the refund for?
If you are eligible for a refund, you should request a refund from your booking source. If you have purchased the ticket directly from Copa, you can call them or initiate a refund request online. If you have purchased the ticket from a third party, you must ask them for a refund.
COPA Airlines Popular Airports
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- Jorge Chavez International Airport Flights
- Miami International Airport Flights
- Dulles International Airport Flights
- Mariscal Sucre International Airport Flights
- Orlando International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles International Airport Flights
COPA Airlines Popular Routes
- New York City to Panama City (NYC to PFN)
- Panama City to New York City (PFN to NYC)
- Panama City to Lima (PFN to LIM)
- Panama City to Miami (PFN to MIA)
- Miami to Panama City (MIA to PFN)
Other Help Topics
- Copa Airline customer support number
- Copa Airline flight change
- Copa Airline cancellation policy
- Copa Airline refund policy
- Copa Airline baggage policy