Finnair (FY)- the flag carrier and the largest airline of Finland is headquartered in Vantaa on the grounds of Helsinki Airport, its primary hub. Founded in 1923 as Aero O/Y, Finnair and its subsidiaries now dominate domestic and international air travel in Finland. Furthermore, it is a member of Oneworld Airline Alliance and transports about 11.9 million passengers to over 100 European, 20 Asian, and 7 North American destinations. Moreover, it is one of the oldest operational airlines in the world, with no accidents since 1963.
Finnair (FY) offers 4097 flights per week to 116 destinations worldwide. The Finnair (FY) fleet consists of 83 aircraft, mostly of Airbus. Here is a list of aircraft owned by Finnair (FY):
Finnair (FY) Flight Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
|4097||Helsinki Airport (HEL),Vantaa|
Popular Flight Routes and Destinations by Finnair (FY)
|Vantaa (HEL)||Amsterdam (AMS)||Apr 16, 2022||USD 66.07|
|Oulu (OUL)||Copenhagen (CPH)||Oct 05, 2022||USD 207.27|
|Edinburgh (EDI)||London (LHR)||Sep 13, 2022||USD 315.51|
|New Delhi (DEL)||Reykjavik (KEF)||May 10, 2022||USD 723.74|
|Manchester (MAN)||New York (JFK)||Apr 06, 2022||USD 825.65|
|Reykjavik (KEF)||New Delhi (DEL)||Nov 12, 2022||USD 625.52|
|New York (JFK)||Manchester (MAN)||Mar 10, 2022||USD 725.73|
|Copenhagen (CPH)||Oulu (OUL)||Nov 16, 2022||USD 192.28|
|London (LHR)||Edinburgh (EDI)||Mar 05, 2022||USD 359|
|Amsterdam (AMS)||Vantaa (HEL)||May 30, 2022||USD 72|
Top Airports Served by Finnair (FY)
- Helsinki Airport (HEL)
- Oulu Airport (OUL)
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN)
- Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
- Dublin Airport (DUB)
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER)
- Frankfurt am Main International Airport (FRA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Finnair (FY) Policies & Services (Cancellation, Baggage, Check-in, Booking Fee, in-flight Entertainment)
Finnair (FY) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with a Finnair flight reservation. Under the Finnair cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following conditions:
- Under Finnair 24 hour cancellation policy, Finnair (FY) allows its passengers to cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking. However, the scheduled departure of the booked flight should be 7 days after the booking was made.
- If the passenger, passenger’s companion, or close relative/s dies or is seriously ill, the passenger can cancel the flight and receive a refund or reschedule a flight.
- If the passenger cancels the flight a few hours before its scheduled departure and the flight was booked not more than 7 days before, the passenger must pay the penalty depending on the fare rule.
- A cancellation fee of $100-$500 will be applicable if the ticket cancellation request is made after 24 hours of booking.
- As per Finnair’s (FY) flight cancellation refund policy, the passenger is eligible for a refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours, the refund will be credited within 7- 10 working days. And, in case the payment is delayed, you can get in touch with the airline’s customer support.
- Passengers can request the refund by filling the refund request form at Finnair’s official website at https://www.finnair.com/be-en. However, the refund depends on the eligibility of the booked flight ticket.
- The refund amount will be credited within 7-10 working days of cancellation. And, in case the payment is delayed, you can get in touch with the airline’s customer support.
- The Finnair (FY) flight ticket refund depends upon several factors like a technical glitch, flight cancellation, and many more.
- Passengers affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund, says the Finnair cancellation policy.
- If you are denied boarding due to overbooking, you are eligible for a full refund.
Finnair (FY) allows its passengers to take one piece of a carry-on bag and a small personal item into the cabin. Moreover, with most Finnair (FY) flight tickets, you can bring at least one checked baggage free of charge.
Checked Baggage Allowance
|BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE||BUSINESSFLEX||BUSINESS CLASSIC||BUSINESS LIGHT**||ECONOMYFLEX||ECONOMY CLASSIC||ECONOMY LIGHT**|
|Flights to/from Japan*||3 PC (32kg each)||3 PC (32kg each)||–||2 PC (23kg each)||2 PC (23kg each)||0 PC|
|Flights to/from all other destinations||2 PC (32kg each)||2 PC (32kg each)||0 PC||1 PC (23kg)||1 PC (23kg)||0 PC|
|Children||same as adult||same as adult||0 PC||same as adult||same as adult||0 PC|
|Infants 0–2 years(In addition to the ticketed allowance, baby stroller and car seat may always be taken free of charge)||1 PC (23kg)||1 PC (23kg)||0 PC||1 PC (23kg)||1 PC (23kg)||0 PC|
Note: Baggage allowance for flight to/from Japan depends on the departure/arrival destination country and available ticket options.
Baggage Allowance for Cuba, Asia, North America (USA, Canada, Mexico), Europe, Russia, Middle East, Finland, Scandinavia, and the Baltics
|BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE||BUSINESSFLEX||BUSINESS CLASSIC||ECONOMYFLEX||ECONOMY CLASSIC||ECONOMY LIGHT|
|Intercontinental flights to/from Cuba and Asiaexcluding Japan||2 PC||2 PC||1 PC||1 PC||N/A|
|Intercontinental flights to/from North America(USA, Canada, Mexico)||2 PC||2 PC||1 PC||1 PC||0 PC|
|Flights within Europe, Russia and the Middle East||2 PC||2PC||1 PC||1 PC||0 PC|
|Flights within Finland, Scandinavia and the Baltics||2 PC||2 PC||1 PC||1 PC||0 PC|
|Children||same as adult||same as adult||same as adult||same as adult||0 PC|
|Infants 0–2 years(In addition to the ticketed allowance, baby stroller and car seat may always be taken free of charge)||1 PC||1 PC||1 PC||1 PC||0 PC|
|Cabin Class/ Flight||No. of pieces allowed||Maximum Weight||Maximum Dimension|
55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm
|55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm|
Carry on baggage for infants
- Infant’s checked baggage allowance includes one piece of checked baggage weighing a maximum of 50lbs. In addition, infants are allowed to carry a foldable pushchair, and safety seat.
- Finnair (FY) allows pets, such as small dogs, cats, pet rabbits, tortoises, and hedgehogs, only on the aircraft, but space for their travel is subject to availability. Hence, for a smooth journey with your beloved pet, you must reserve a seat well before your scheduled departure.
- The total weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 17lbs. The combined weight of the bigger dogs and ferrets, along with its carrier, should be 110 lbs, and if it weighs more than 110lbs, the pet needs to be shipped as cargo.
- If you are traveling with a puppy, it should be at least 8 weeks old, weaned from its mother, and able to eat independently.
- Finnair (FY) doesn’t charge any booking fees for bookings via the official website. However, charges may apply for third-party agency flight bookings.
Check-in and verification
Finnair (FY) passengers on domestic flights flying within Europe and the Middle East must check at the airports at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure. For passengers traveling to other routes, check-in counters at the airport close 1hour before the scheduled departure.
Finnair (FY) passengers can check-in online via Finnair’s official website or smartphone app 36 hours before departure.
- The Nordic Sky Entertainment System keeps you hooked throughout your journey with a wide selection of movies, shows, music, and games.
- The Nordic Sky Portal brings entertainment to your personal device.
- Finnair (FY) provides in-flight Nordic flavors with a destination-inspired twist. While on-board, passengers are offered snacks, beverages, and freshly prepared dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and are available according to your flight duration and cabin class.
- You can also carry your own food and drinks to eat on the flight but are prohibited from drinking your alcoholic beverages.
- Passengers utilizing Finnair (FY) flights can call on their customer support toll free number +358 300 871 160or visit https://www.finnair.com/be-en for any other queries.
Can I cancel my Finnair (FY) flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.finnair.com/be-en, Finnair contact no +358 300 871 160, or airport counters within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible Finnair flights canceled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my Finnair (FY) reservation for free within 24 hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How much does Finnair (FY) charge for flight cancellation?
The Finnair flight cancellation fee is $100 to $500 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
As per Finnair cancellation policy, to get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
How long will it take to get the refund ?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 working days of Finnair (FY) flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Finnair flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
Does Finnair provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, Finnair (FY) offers wheelchair and mobility services from the check-in counters at your departing airport.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with Finnair (FY)?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for Finnair (FY) flights.
Is it safe to travel with Finnair (FY) during Covid-19?
Finnair (FY) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to providing a PPE kit and checking the temperature of each passenger, Finnair (FY) ensures safe travel.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food and can eat it on the flight. However, you aren’t allowed to drink your own alcoholic beverages on the flight.
Does Finnair (FY) provide in-flight dining?
Finnair (FY) provides complimentary food and beverages on all flights, depending on the duration of the journey.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
How much does Finnair (FY) charge for flight cancellation?
If you cancel your Finnair (FY) flights within 24 hours from your departure date then a nominal fee of $100 to $400 will be charged. However, after a 24 hours time frame, a fee of $100 to $500 will be charged as per Finnair (FY) flight cancellation policy.
Where can I check my Finnair (FY) flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of Finnair (FY). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Does Finnair (FY) allow pets on flights?
Yes, you can travel seamlessly with your beloved pet on Finnair (FY) flights. However, to learn more about the flying with pets guidelines you are advised to visit the official website.
Finnair (AY) Popular Airports
- Barajas International Airport Flights
- London Heathrow Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles International Airport Flights
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Flights
- Arlanda Airport Flights
- Miami International Airport Flights
Popular routes of the Finnair (AY) airlines
- Chicago to Helsinki (CHI to HEL)
- Helsinki to Chicago (HEL to CHI)
- New York City to Helsinki (NYC to HEL)
- Helsinki to Los Angeles (HEL to LAX)
- Helsinki to Bangkok (HEL to BKK)
- Los Angeles to Helsinki (LAX to HEL)
Finnair (AY) airlines Destinations
- Flights to New York City
- Flights to Helsinki
- Flights to Chicago
- Flights to Los Angeles
- Flights to Bangkok