If you are looking for an airline that can protect your reservation if your plans change, JetBlue is the option. The major American low-cost airline is one of the most popular and seventh-largest airlines in North America by passengers carried. However, it tries to be more flexible with its policy to offer passengers a hassle-free process in case of sudden plan changes. It is better to understand the rules to avoid any inconvenience in the future. JetBlue flight change option is a great way to reschedule the trip for a later date instead of canceling the entire booking.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy
The airline has eliminated its change and cancellation fee from all fare types and classes, excluding Blue basic. Unless you book Blue basic, the policy is similar to all fare types and cabin classes. We’ve compiled a list of JetBlue change flight policies for a better understanding.
- As a JetBlue customer, you are entitled to change any Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, or Mint reservation without any change fee.
- If you hold a Blue Basic ticket, you must pay a change fee amount, depending on the route you are traveling to.
- Both refundable and non-refundable fares, including Blue Basic, are allowed to change the reservation if the process is done within 24-hours from the time of booking as long as the scheduled departure is at least seven days later.
- If the new flight costs more than the previous one, the passenger must pay for the fare difference.
- Passengers can easily change their flight on the same day without any change fee.
JetBlue 24-hour Flight Change Policy
- JetBlue’s 24-hour window allows passengers to change or cancel their flight free of charge.
- The 24-hour policy is applicable to both refundable and non-refundable tickets, including Blue basic.
- To be entitled to this flexibility, the scheduled departure should be at least 7 days from the time of booking.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Different Fares
- If the booking was made on or after June 8, 2021, no change fee will be applicable to Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint Fares if you change at least 1 day prior to the departure.
- For same-day change, Blue, blue Fares, and Mint Fares ticket holders must incur $75 as a change fee. It is free for Blue Extra fares.
- If you change the departure date or destination, you will have to pay only for the fare difference, if the new ticket is costlier than the previous one.
- In case the new ticket is less costly than your first booking, then the airline will credit the amount to your original mode of payment.
- If your ticket is non-refundable and you are unsure about taking the flight, you can apply for a Travel bank Credit, which will be valid for 12 months from the original date of issue.
- Non-refundable fare holders must make the changes within a specific period of time, prior to scheduled departure.
- If the new flight costs more, the passenger must incur the fare difference. If the flight costs less than the previous one, the airline will credit the amount as a JetBlue travel credit, which you can use for future travel.
- JetBlue refundable fares are eligible for a complete refund and are permitted to make changes prior to the scheduled departure.
- If a refundable flight segment is not changed before the scheduled departure, all money associated with the segment will be issued by the airline as Travel Bank Credit for future travel.
- Changes are subject to availability. The passenger must pay for the fare difference, if applicable.
JetBlue has waived off its change fee for Mosaic members, including the passengers in the itinerary. Mosaic members can change their itinerary on the same-day without any same-day change fee.
If you’ve purchased a jetBlue flight ticket from a third-party and need to change the reservation, JetBlue will charge you a change fee, along with the fare difference, if applicable.
- If the changes are made on the same day of departure, customers do not need to pay any change fee.
- If non-refundable flight segment is not changed prior to scheduled departure, all purchases associated with the segment, including additional purchased, such as, Even More Speed, and additional bag fees will be forfeited.
Same Day Change
- The same-day switch option is available in cities with multiple flights a day.
- For a confirmed same-day switch, the customer must pay $75 (no difference applies).
- The same-day switch can only be made on the day of departure, which begins at midnight in the time-zone of the departing flight.
- You may select a later or earlier flight on the same day.
- You must travel between the same city.
- Mosaic members and refundable ticket holders do not have to pay for any same-day change fee.
- TrueBlue redemption bookings are eligible for same-day change.
JetBlue Flight Change Fee
If you do not want to pay any JetBlue flight change fee, make the change request online. Changing your reservation over phone will cost you $25/per person, along with additional fee (if applicable)
- JetBlue has eliminated its change fee from all types of fares, excluding Blue Basic.
- The change fee for Blue Basic passengers traveling within the US, Mexico, The Caribbean, and Central America is $100/per person.
- Blue Basic passengers traveling to all other countries will have to pay $200.
- You have to pay $75 for a same-day switch as long as you are traveling on the same route. For Blue Extra passengers, the same-day switch is free of charge.
JetBlue Name Change Policy
JetBlue understands that while making the reservation, anyone can make mistakes while typing. For such typing errors, JetBlue offers its own sets of policies.
- Limitation to name correction restricts to one reprint per ticket.
- Any further correction name will include costs.
- The name must match with a government-authorized ID.
- You cannot transfer your ticket to someone else.
- Other than name correction, you cannot make changes in date of birth, and gender.
Steps to Change JetBlue Flight
- Visit https://www.jetblue.com/
- Click Manage Trips
- Enter your last name and confirmation code and continue
- Follow the further steps to change your reservation
- Once the airline confirms your request, you will receive a confirmation mail
Note: If the changes are done online, there will be no change fee. However, a change fee of $25 will be applicable if the change is done over a call to JetBlue Customer Support. For tickets purchased from third-party, you must contact them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my JetBlue flight without change fees?
JetBlue has waived off its change fee charges for all fare types, excluding Blue Basic. However, it depends on various factors too. If the changes are done offline, there will be a change fee of $25, passengers have to pay.
How late can you change a JetBlue flight?
JetBlue permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. You can change the date, time, and destination at least 24-hours before the flight's scheduled departure. In addition, under same-day switch policy, you can change the flight prior to scheduled departure only if the routes are the same, and there are no changes in itinerary, except for the flight.
How much does it cost to change a JetBlue Flight?
JetBlue has eliminated its change fee for all types of fares except for Blue Basic fares. If you make the changes within the 24-hour risk free period, you do not have to pay any change fee.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining will be credited to your Travel Bank credit, which you can redeem during your future travel.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting JetBlue’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call JetBlue’s customer support number.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
Blue Basic tickets are non-changeable. But if you are changing the information within the 24-hours from the time of booking, then it will be free of charge.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
JetBlue allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my JetBlue flight the same day?
JetBlue allows passengers to make the changes on the same-day of the flight’s scheduled departure. To make the same-day change, passengers must pay $75.
Can I get my money back for the unwanted flight change?
If the airline asks you to change your flight because the original flight is overbooked, or is delayed then JetBlue will offer you an alternate flight. If the alternative flight doesn’t match with your schedule, you can claim for a refund.
Which JetBlue fare types are free of change fee?
You are entitled to change any Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, or Mint reservation without any change fee. Blue Basic fares are non-refundable and to make changes you must pay a change fee.