Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Sudden changes in the plan are quite common nowadays, and such changes can affect your entire itinerary. However, nothing can beat the tedious process of canceling a flight and then claiming a refund. But if you have booked your flight with JetBlue, it won’t take long to complete the entire procedure. JetBlue Cancellation and Refund Policy are very flexible, convenient, and simple.
The major American low-cost airline JetBlue (B6) is the seventh-largest airline in North America by passengers carried. It was founded in 1998 and commenced its operation in 2000. Headquartered in Long Island City, New York City, JetBlue covers 104 destinations globally.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy (B6)
You can easily cancel your reservation by visiting the official website of JetBlue (B6). However, it is better to know about the cancellation policy to make an informed decision to cancel flight.
- JetBlue has waived its cancellation fee for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- Standard cancellation charges will be applied to the tickets that have been booked after June 8, 2021.
- The cancellation charges will be around USD 100 to USD 200.
- No cancellation fee will be charged for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint Fares if you cancel your JetBlue flight at least one day before the scheduled departure.
JetBlue 24-hour Cancellation Policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy is applied to all types of tickets. It allows the passengers to cancel their JetBlue (B6) flight within 24-hours of booking as long as the scheduled departure is at least seven days away. However, it is advisable to understand the following points before canceling your flight:
- Under JetBlue 24 hour cancellation policy, if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- Also, if you cancel your JetBlue (B6) flight within 24hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least seven days later than the time of booking.
- If the passenger makes any changes in the booking instead of canceling it, no refund will be entertained even if you make the changes within 24 hours of booking.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Ticket
Sometimes non-refundable ticket holders can claim a refund, but it depends on various factors. To know about the cancelation policy for refundable and non-refundable tickets, read below:
- JetBlue allows you to cancel your refundable tickets and receive a complete refund. However, you may have to incur a cancellation fee.
- Non-refundable ticket holders must pay USD 25 if they cancel their flight over the phone call. You can save the fee by canceling your flight online through JetBlue’s official website.
- Passengers with a Blue and Blue Plus Fare will be charged USD 200 for the cancellation.
- Blue Extra Fare ticket holders can cancel their flight without paying any cancellation fee before the scheduled departure. However, a difference in fare will apply.
- If you cancel your refundable flight ticket, you can use it as a JetBlue Travel Credit instead of claiming a refund, which will be valid for one year from the date of purchase.
JetBlue (B6) Cancellation Policy for Different Class
- Blue Basic
A USD 100 cancellation fee will be applicable on canceling a flight to/from the USA, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America, and USD 200 for other routes for the bookings made from April 1, 2021, onward.
Blue ticket holders do not need to pay any cancellation fee. However, they have to pay for the difference in airfare to make the changes in booking.
- Blue Plus
Blue Plus holders don’t need to pay any cancellation fee. However, they have to pay for the difference in airfare to make the changes in booking.
- Blue Extra
Blue Extra Holders do not need to pay any cancellation fee. However, they have to pay for the difference in airfare to make the changes in booking.
Mint holders do not need to pay any cancellation fee. However, they have to pay for the difference in airfare to make the changes in booking.
How to Get Compensation in Case of Flight Delay or cancellation?
There could be unavoidable circumstances when JetBlue has to cancel their flight or deny you from boarding due to overbooking. You should know your right to claim a refund or get compensated in such a scenario.
- If a flight canceled by airline , the airline will offer you a JetBlue Travel bank credit.
- Offer you an alternate flight without any additional cost.
- You will receive a complete refund if the airline fails to provide you with an alternate flight within 2hours of cancellation.
- If JetBlue cancels your flight 4 hours before its scheduled departure, you will be compensated by the airline. You will receive USD 50 if the flight is cancelled 4 hours before its scheduled departure, and USD 100 if the flight is cancelled if the flight is cancelled at the time of its scheduled departure.
How to Cancel a JetBlue (B6) Flight?
You can cancel a JetBlue (B6) flight both online and offline. For online cancellation, you need to visit the official website of JetBlue and for offline cancellation, you can contact JetBlue over a phone call.
- Visit https://www.jetblue.com/
- Click on Manage Trips
- Enter your last name and confirmation code, then click on Continue.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your flight
- After you successfully cancel the flight, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email from JetBlue.
- If you are eligible, the refund will be credited to your account within 7 to 10 days
- You can either visit JetBlue’s counter at the airport or call 800 538 2583.
- If you have called JetBlue’s customer support number, select the language that suits you the best.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for JetBlue flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
JetBlue Cancellation Fee
JetBlue has waived its cancellation fee for all types of tickets except Blue Basic fares. The Blue Basic ticket holders have to incur a cancellation fee of USD 100 for routes within the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America. For all other routes, passengers have to pay USD 200 as a cancellation fee.
JetBlue Refund Policy
- You will receive a complete refund if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking. However, the scheduled departure should be at least seven days away at the time of booking.
- Under the 24-hours risk-free policy, if you cancel the flight within this period, you do not have to incur any cancellation fee.
- If you cancel the flight before its scheduled departure, you will receive a complete refund on your refundable ticket. Instead of cancelling it, you can reschedule your trip with JetBlue. In such a scenario, you will not receive any refund; however, the airline will accept the changes.
- A cancellation and change fee will be applicable on non-refundable Blue Basic tickets if the cancellation is made after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- If the airline cancels its flight due to an emergency, you will be provided with compensation. The airline will either offer you an alternate flight or a complete refund or accommodate you in a hotel with free transportation.
How to Get Refund from JetBlue?
There are two ways to request for a refund if you cancel the flight- online and offline.
- Visit https://www.jetblue.com/
- Click on Manage Booking and enter your last name and confirmation code.
- Click on Continue
- Follow the prompt to request for a refund
- Your fare type will determine if you are eligible for a refund or not.
- If you are eligible, the airline will confirm it by sending a confirmation mail to your registered email.
- It will take 7-10 business days to get the refund.
- Call JetBlue’s customer support number 800 538 2583.
- A JetBlue customer support executive will assist you with your query.
- Share the required information to proceed further
- Once the executive determines if you are eligible for a refund or not, you will be notified.
- If you are eligible for a refund, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email.
- It will take 7-10 business days to receive the refund.
JetBlue Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Related Queries
JetBlue’s customer support number varies depending on the region you are calling from. Here is a list of the important phone numbers required to cancel your JetBlue flight or claim a refund.
- United States and Bahamas: 1 800 538 2583
- Costa Rica: 0 800 012 1666
- Dominican Republic: 809 200 9898
- Mexico: 001 800 861 3372
- St. Marteen: 001 877 306 4939
- United Kingdom: 08 082 349 058
- Colombia: 01 800 915 6761
- Curacao: 0800 0258
- Ecuador: 800 538 2583
- Peru: 0800 510 61
- Trinidad & Tobago: 1 800 538 2583
- All other countries: 1 801 449 2525
Can I cancel a JetBlue flight without penalty?
Yes, you can cancel a JetBlue flight without penalty if you are a Mosaic member, or you hold a refundable ticket, or purchased the ticket (including Blue Basic) before June 8, 2021.
Can I cancel my JetBlue (B6) flight and get a refund?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.jetblue.com/, JetBlue (B6) Call Center, or airport counters. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for JetBlue (B6)?
JetBlue has waived off its cancellation fee for all tickets, excluding Blue Basic. Blue Basic ticket holders have to incur a cancellation fee of USD 100-USD 200 if they cancel the flight after the 24-hour risk-free period.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of JetBlue (B6) depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my JetBlue (B6) reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
JetBlue (B6) allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my JetBlue (B6) flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your JetBlue (B6) flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on JetBlue (B6)?
Yes, JetBlue (B6) allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings easily.
What will I do if JetBlue (B6) cancels my flight?
In case JetBlue (B6) cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
JetBlue Airways Popular Airports
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
JetBlue Airways Popular Routes
- Jetblue Airways Flights to New York
- Jetblue Airways Flights to Los Angeles
- Jetblue Airways Flights to Boston
- Jetblue Airways Flights to San Francisco
- Jetblue Airways Flights to Miami
Other Help Topics
- JetBlue Airways customer support number
- JetBlue Airways flight change
- JetBlue Airways cancellation policy
- JetBlue Airways refund policy
- JetBlue Airways baggage policy