Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Qantas, then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Qantas Airways cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Qantas Airways(QF) is a major flag carrier airline of Australia and is headquartered in Sydney. It was founded in 1920, and is the third-oldest airline in the world which is still in operation. Furthermore, the airline has a primary hub at Sydney’s Kingsford Smith International Airport with secondary hubs at Melbourne Airport and Brisbane Airport. Additionally, it serves 85 destinations in different countries across the globe.
Qantas Cancellation Policy (QF)
Planning to cancel your Qantas(QF) flight? Don’t worry! With Qantas Airways you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Qantas cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Qantas.
Qantas 24 Hours Cancellation Policy (QF)
Fortunately, the Qantas 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If a Qantas flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee is charged, depending upon the type of the tickets.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Qantas(QF) Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All the passengers are entitled to a full refund until the risk-free period lasts.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets, won’t receive any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- You will get a full refund with first class ticket fare, irrespective of refundable and non-refundable ticket.
- A penalty will be charged, if you cancel your tickets 2-3 days or a few hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Qantas Cancellation Policy for Different Class (QF)
Qantas cancellation and refund policy varies differently depending upon the ticket fare and cabin class. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the policy.
- The tickets in economy class are non-refundable except for the flex fare. Hence, it’s best to book a refundable ticket if there might be a chance that you will cancel your flight.
- If you cancel a non-refundable economy flight after the risk-free period, then a cancellation fee of $72 will be charged.
Premium Economy Class
- A Qantas premium economy ticket allows you to make changes to your tickets, provided that you make these changes within the risk-free period. However, after the 24-hours cancellation period, the cancellation fee will be charged.
- The cancellation fee applicable after 24 hours of booking will be $100-$300, as per the cancellation policy of Qantas Airlines.
- A Qantas flight ticket under business class allows you to make changes, irrespective of refundable and non-refundable tickets. However, a cancellation fee of $100-$400 will be charged after the 24-hour cancellation period.
- Cancellation fee depends on various factors, such as route, destination, and many more.
- As per Qantas cancellation policy, the first class ticket fare allows you to make changes without paying any extra cost even after the risk-free period, or if you miss your flight.
- All refundable tickets will be fully compensated. However, if the earlier paid fare is invalid for new tickets, you might be required to pay an extra amount.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Qantas Airlines flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers are eligible for compensation when the flight is delayed due to the fault of the airline.
- Depending on the type of ticket and distance, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto $650.
- Passengers can contact the airline to get advised for the compensation eligibility and get an alternative flight if required.
- If the flight is delayed overnight and you require a place to stay for the night, then Qantas Airways(QF) provides checked-in passengers with hotel accommodation plus catering services and transfer to and from the hotel.
|Under 2 hours||2-3 hours||3-4 hours||Over 4 hours||Never Arrived||Distance|
|$134||$269||$269||$269||$269||All flights 1500 km or less|
|$215||$215||$431||$431||$431||International flights over 1500 km|
|$215||$215||$431||$431||$431||Non-international flights b/w 1500-3500 km|
|$323||$323||$323||$647||$647||Non-international flights over 3500 km|
How to Cancel a Qantas Flight?
Qantas cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support / airport’s ticket office. Here’s how you can cancel your Qantas flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit Qantas website’s homepage. Then click on log in or sign up to move further.
- After logging in, add your ticket credentials to manage your booking. If you don’t have an account skip the sign up process and click over to visit the cancellation page.
- After getting on the cancellation page, click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ button.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Qantas cancellation policy once to avoid any chances of chaos. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Qantas is: +61 2 8222 2439.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question in front of the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Qantas flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 3- Cancel at the Airport
- If the online method doesn’t meet your expectations, you can simply make a visit to the airport from where you were to board the flight from.
- Next, head to the Qantas ticket office to talk about the cancellation procedure.
- In this way, you can converse face to face with the agent, ask about your queries and initiate flight cancellation.
- The entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of payment made by the passengers.
Qantas Airways Cancellation Fee (QF)
The passengers are required to pay $70-$500 as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee also depends on the fare regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 10 days. The airline may also offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation.
Qantas (QF) Refund Policy
- As per Qantas cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 7- 10 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
How to Get Refund from Qantas?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Qantas’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Qantas’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Qantas’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Customer Support Number for Cancellation & Refund Related Queries
There’s a different Qantas customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- Australia: 022 6111 1818
- North America
United States: +1 1800 227 4500
Canada: +1 1800 227 4500
Mexico: +1 1800 227 4500
- Latin America
Brazil: 0800 883 0095
Chile: 0800 004 321
Netherlands: +31 20 2035425
Spain: +34 91 542 1572
United Kingdom: 0800 964 432
China: +852 2298 8111
Japan: 03 6833 0700
South Korea: +82 2 777 6871
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Qantas?
The Qantas flight cancellation fee is $70-$500 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Qantas depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Qantas reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Qantas allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Qantas flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Qantas flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Qantas?
Yes, Qantas allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Qantas cancels my flight?
In case Qantas cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Qantas Popular Airports
- Sydney Airport Flights
- Melbourne Airport Flights
- Brisbane Airport Flights
- Perth Airport Flights
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport Flights
- Adelaide Airport Flights
Cairns Airport Flights
Qantas Popular Routes
- Sydney to Melbourne (SYD to MEL)
- Melbourne to Sydney (MEL to SYD)
- Sydney to Auckland (SYD to AKL)
- Sydney to Manila (SYD to MNL)
- Auckland to Sydney (AKL to SYD)
- Sydney to Brisbane (SYD to BNE)
- Manila to Sydney (MNL to SYD)
- Brisbane to Sydney (BNE to SYD)
Qantas Popular Destinations
- Flights to Melbourne
- Flights to Sydney
- Flights to Auckland
- Flights to Manila
- Flights to Brisbane
Other Help Topics
- Qantas Airways customer support number
- Qantas Airways flight change
- Qantas Airways cancellation policy
- Qantas Airways refund policy
- Qantas Airways baggage policy