Qantas Airways is a major flag carrier airline of Australia and has been successfully running since 1920. Over the time, the airline has spread its business and serves 85 domestic and international destinations regularly. Serving thousands of passengers, the airline has created certain policies for their convenience. One such regulation is Qantas flight change policy, that allows the passengers to make date, seat, destination, and name changes of the flight as per their preference.
Qantas Flight Change Policy
Qantas policy for flight change is seamless and easy to follow. Before making any alterations to your flights, we always recommend reading all the rules stated in the policy. Here’s a brief about the Qantas Airlines change flight policy.
- The flight change policy of Qantas states that passengers can make allowed changes in their flights free of charge within 24 hours of booking.
- To make destination changes in a Qantas flight ticket, you will have to pay a fare difference even if you cancel within the free change period.
- Passengers who have taken insurance along with their tickets, can make flight changes upto 24 hours of scheduled departure free of cost.
- If your new flight costs less than the older one, then the airline will credit the fare difference in your original source of payment.
- If your flights are changed due to the airline’s fault, then you don’t have to pay any change fee and you will also be reimbursed for the inconvenience caused.
Qantas Airways 24 Hour Change Policy
- Qantas flight change policy allows passengers to make flight changes free of charge within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passenger is not able to make changes within 24 hours of booking, then you will have to pay a change fee depending upon the flight route and type of the ticket.
- If the amount of the changed flight is more than the previous flight, then the passenger will have to pay the fare difference even if the change is made within the 24 hour free change window.
Qantas Flight Change Policy For Award Flight
- Qantas offers award flights to all frequent flyers. The passengers with award flights would be able to make changes as per flight change policy of Qantas Airways.
- The passengers making changes to award flights are liable to pay change fees, varying upon the loyalty points given to the passengers.
- The passengers can simply save on the change fee by making separate bookings for the tickets that are bought from the award fee.
Qantas Name Change Policy
- Qantas modify flight policy allows passengers to make name changes but only for specified domestic purchases and corporate fares.
- Qantas Airways doesn’t permit name changes for international flight routes. You can contact the airline’s customer support in case of an emergency.
- If your ticket isn’t issued, then you must cancel your previous booking and then create a new booking with a name you wish to change.
- Name change requests won’t be entertained online. Contact the customer support to make such changes. A small service fee is applicable.
Qantas Date/Time Change Policy
- Date/Time changes can be easily made with Qantas Airways. Passengers can simply make desired date changes via their official website.
- If you’ve booked several tickets and want to make changes to a particular ticket, then make sure to separate the ticket from the rest of the booking.
- Passengers with the changed ticket will be provided with a separate booking reference id by Qantas Airways.
- Date changes are only allowed as per the fare of the ticket you purchased.
Qantas Destination Change Policy
- According to Qantas Airways destination change policy, passengers can change their destinations by canceling the previous booking and that amount will be credited in the form of flight credits. The passengers can then make a new booking.
- If you have booked a round trip ticket and want to change it to one-way tip, then retrieve your booking by entering your flight details over the official website. Click on “Find Flight” and select your flight with a new destination.
- The passenger wouldn’t be asked to pay Qantas change fee but will have to pay a fare difference even if they make destination changes within 24 hours of booking.
Steps To Change Qantas Airways Flights
Qantas Airways has made the flight change process seamless and easier for all passengers. They can simply make derided flight changes via the official website. Here are the steps to change your flights:
- Visit Qantas Airways from any browser(Safari or Google Chrome).
- Click on the cancel/change tab.
- Add your ticket credentials and hit the search button.
- Choose the flight you want to change.
- Click on Select new flights.
- If you had booked a round-trip, both your departure and return destinations will appear.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Qantas will send you a confirmation over your registered email
Qantas Flight Change Fee
- Qantas flight change policy says that a change fee will be charged on all flight changes made after 24 hours of booking.
- The passengers who booked a domestic flight through contact centers, will have to pay a $10 change fee in order to make changes in their flights.
- The passengers who booked a domestic flight through group sales or Qantas Airport locations, will have to pay a $45 change fee in order to make changes in their flights.
- If a passenger is making changes in an international flight, then they will have to pay a $75 change fee for flight changes.
- Passengers making changes in a flight to and from New Zealand, will have to pay a $77 change fee for flight changes.
- If a passenger has purchased a New Zealand Trans Tasman ticket or a domestic Trans Tasman ticket, then they will have to pay a $45 change fee for making flight changes.
- Qantas flight change fee for international flights is usually higher than that of domestic flights.
- If a passenger makes changes online, then they won’t have to pay any service charges. However, if they make changes offline at the airport, then they will have to incur a change fee of $60, irrespective of the flight route and ticket type.
Qantas Same-Day Flight Change
- Qantas same-day change is not allowed with this airline. You can make flight changes upto 24 hours prior scheduled departure.
- You can make free of charge flight changes the same day as the booking day, irrespective of the flight route and type of the ticket.
- The changes made after the 24 hour free window will invite a change fee as decided by the airline.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
You can change a Qantas flight for free of cost, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking. After this period, a change fee is applicable on basic fares.
What is Qantas's change policy now?
Qantas flight change policy allows you to make changes to your flights from the day of flight booking till 24 hours prior scheduled departure. There will be a change fee charged for all tickets changed after the 24 hours free change window.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Qantas's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and the ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Qantas flight?
Qantas flight change policy allows all ticket fare types to make changes to their flights upto 24 hours prior to their original scheduled departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be credited to your travel funds or refunded back to your original source of payment.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Qantas Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes purchased from a third-party agent. However, the change fee and other discrepancies applicable will be as decided by the concerned party.
Can I change my Qantas flight the same day?
Qantas Airways doesn’t allow flight changes on the same day of flight departure. The changes are only allowed only till 24 hours of scheduled departure.
Can I make changes in my destination with Qantas Airways?
Yes you can make changes to your destinations with Qantas Airways. However, you will have to pay a fare difference as applicable.
Can I make a name change in my Qantas flight?
Yes, you can change your name in your Qantas flight only after following the provided guidelines.
Can I change a Basic Economy fare ticket?
Yes you can make changes to a Basic Economy fare ticket. However, you may need to pay a fare difference and a change fee as applicable.