Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Qatar Airways (QR)
Qatar Airways (QR), the flag carrier airline of Qatar, founded in 1993. Furthermore, it is headquartered in the Qatar Airways Tower in Doha and Hamad International Airport (DOH) is its hub. It operates its scheduled Qatar Airways flights to 150 international destinations across Africa, Europe, Asia, the Americas. In addition, the airline owns a low-cost carrier- Qatar Airways Cargo.
Qatar Airways (QR) offers 270 weekly flights to more than 45 destinations. The fleet size of Qatar Airways is 233 and is made completely out of various Airbuses and Boeing airplanes. Here is a list of aircraft owned by Qatar Airways (QR):
Qatar Airways Flights Details
|Flights Per week||Most Popular Destinations|
|6022||Hamad International Airport (DOH), Doha|
Popular Qatar Airways Flights Routes and Destinations
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|San Francisco (SFO)||Auckland (AKL)||Feb 09, 2022||USD 1590|
|Doha (DIA)||Chicago (ORD)||Feb 10, 2022||USD 946|
|Miami (MIA)||Paris (CDG)||Feb 12, 2022||USD 933|
|Barcelona (BCN)||New York (JFK)||Feb 14, 2022||USD 1117|
|Abu Dhabi (AUL)||Adana (ADA)||Feb 15, 2022||USD 3110|
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Abu Dhabi (AUH)||Feb 15, 2022||USD 1152|
|Kuwait (KWI)||Istanbul (IST)||Feb 18, 2022||USD 188.47|
|London (LHR)||Montego Bay (MBJ)||Feb 20, 2022||USD 1167.29|
|Kuala Lumpur (KUL)||Cairo (CAI)||Feb 22, 2022||USD 293.50|
|Banjul(BJL)||Larnaca (LCA)||Feb 26, 2022||USD 1345.05|
|Manchester (MAN)||Moscow (SVO)||Feb 27,2022||USD 1401.58|
Top Airports Served by Qatar Airways(QR)
- Hamad International Airport (DOH)
- Houari Boumediene Airport ( ALG)
- Zvartnots International Airport (EVN)
- Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Václav Havel Airport (PRG)
- Copenhagen Airport (CPH)
- Cairo International Airport (CAI)
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (HEL)
- Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD)
- Thessaloniki Airport (SKG)
Qatar Airways(QR) Policies & Services
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
- Qatar Airways (QR) is regularly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it convenient and Flexible for the passengers. You do not have to worry about your last minute cancellation charges with the Qatar Airways flights reservation. Under the Qatar Airways Cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim your refund if you meet these criteria:
- If the flight is canceled within the 24 hours of reservation then Qatar airways (QR) will not charge any cancellation fee.
- If you wish to cancel a flight ticket within 24 hours then you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours then, Qatar Airways will withdraw the cancellation fee from your ticket fare.
- The passengers can cancel their Qatar Airways flights only if the booking is made from the Qatar Airways official website, customer support or concerned airport counters.
- The amount of the Cancellation fee differs for both domestic and international flights and it totally depends on the destination, flight route and other conditions.
- The Qatar Airways 24 hour flight cancellation policy is applicable on both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets irrespective of the destination for both domestic and international.
- As per the Qatar Airways (QR) flight cancellation and refund policy, the passenger is eligible for full refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be given back to the original mode of the payment.
- The validity of the refund ticket is 12 months from the date of issue for the whole unused ticket and the 12 months from the first uplift ticket for the half used ticket.
- The refund amount will be credited within the seven days if you bought your tickets with a credit card and if you have bought the tickets with the cash, cheque or any other form of payment then it can take upto 20 business days to issue the refund.
- The refund of the Qatar Airways (QR) flight tickets depends upon various factors such as flight cancellation, technical glitch and others.
- If the flight is affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or any government travel restrictions then you can also claim a refund.
- In case of the death of a passenger or any close family member of the passenger, Qatar Airways issues a full refund after verifying the valid documentation like Death Certificate.
- Currently, Qatar Airways also offers their passengers with the unlimited date changes and fee-free refunds for all the tickets issued before 30 June 2021 for travel up to 31 May 2022, in the light of the Covid Pandemic.
- Baggage allowance may vary from flight and the booking class. Qatar Airways has their own limitations on the baggage allowance.
- The baggage policy of the Qatar Airways (QR) allows you to carry a single piece of checked-in baggage that should not weigh more than 32 kg (70lb).
- The maximum dimension irrespective to length,height and width of a baggage should not exceed 158cm (by piece) and 300 cm (by weight).
- If you carry more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the permitted weights then you will be charged with an additional cost.
- The personal item bag is considered as the laptop bag, handbag that should be allowed baggage size to fit in the overhead bin of the aircraft.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Baggage Allowance for the flights to / from Africa
|Cabin Class / Flight||Number of Pieces allowed||Baggage Allowance|
|Economy Class||2 Piece||23kg / 50lb each|
|Business Class||2 Piece||32kg / 70lb each|
|First Class||2 Piece||32kg / 70lb each|
Baggage Allowance from from Argentina, Canada, and the U.S.
|Cabin Class / Flight||Number of Pieces allowed||Baggage Allowance||Maximum Size|
|Economy Class||2 piece||50lb / 23kg||62in / 158cm|
|Business Class||2 piece||70lb / 32kg||62in / 158cm|
|First Class||2 piece||70lb / 32kg||62in / 158cm|
Baggage Allowance to and from all other destinations
|Cabin Class / Flight||Baggage Allowance|
|Economy Class||66lb (30kg)|
|Business Class||88lb (40kg)|
|First Class||110lb (50kg)|
Carry on baggage for infants
Qatar Airways (QR) allows one stroller, collapsible carrycot, or pushchair per infant is accepted without any charge.
|Baggage concept||Baggage Allowance|
|Piece Concept||23 kg / 50lb in all the classes of travel|
|Weight Concept||10kg (22lb) in all the classes of travel|
Qatar Airways also allows car seats for infants and children aged between 6 months and 36 months only.
Carry on pets
- Qatar Airways allows dogs, cats and birds as a checked baggage either on your flight or the separate one in accordance with the air travel regulations.
- Hence, for the smooth journey with your pets you must notify about your requirements to travel with your pets at the time of booking.
- If it is not possible then you must notify at least 48 hours before the departure to avoid any inconvenience.
- Before traveling with the pets in Qatar Airways you need to make all the important documentation for your pet available before travel such as a health certificate which should be signed by your veterinarian that indicates that your pet is fit to fly and the pet passport or identification.
You do not have to pay any fee if you purchase the ticket from the Qatar Airways official website. However, if you want to modify the purchased tickets by phone or at the counter of the Qatar Airways then it will charge you with the starting fees of USD 25 as their service charge which is non-refundable.
Check-in and verification
- Qatar (QR) offers an option for the online check in through the website and the app available in the play store from where you can book your favorite seat or issue your boarding pass conveniently.
- You can check-in online and print your boarding pass from the self service stand.
- The web check-in for Qatar Airways opens up 24 hours prior to your departure for the flights from the U.S.
- The web check-in for all the other flights of Qatar opens up 48 hours prior to your departure till 90 minutes before the flight departure.
Qatar Airways offers the 12 hour check-in before the flight departure. After the self check-in procedure you are required to get your baggage checked at the baggage counter no later than one hour before the scheduled departure.
- Traveling through the Qatar Airways (QR) offers a wide range of onboard entertainment that includes newspapers, magazines, movies, play online games and listen to the favorite music.
- The on-demand service of audio and video allows you to choose more than 4000 entertainment options and 560 movies in more than 30 languages.
- You can connect your tablets, laptops and smartphones to the aircraft network for unlimited entertainment.
- The latest technology of the OnAir mobile service lets you discover the world at your fingertips with the Qatar Airways state of the art communication. You can enjoy the in-flight entertainment and stay connected with your loved ones with this technology.
Qatar Airways Meal Policy
- The World class airline Qatar Airways dining offers sumptuous cuisine designed by the best chefs in the world and savor expertly served exclusive vintages.
- Qatar Airways offers a wide range of cuisines that are designed by the best chefs in the world like snacks, beverages, breakfast, lunch and dinner for all the class passengers.
- Moreover, you can also pre-order your favorite meals while booking the flight tickets. If you have missed booking your pre-order meal then you can purchase your favorite meal directly from the carbon crew.
- If you are allergic to a particular food then you can request a special meal at least 24 hours before the departure.
- You are allowed to bring your dietary food on board. It is recommended to take into consideration the limitations of carrying liquids on board.
Passengers utilizing Qatar Airways (QR) flights can reach the customer care toll free number +974 4023 0000 or can visit the website https://www.qatarairways.com/ for any other queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do Qatar Airways (QR) categorise adult, child, and infant passengers?
The passengers of Qatar Airways (QR) can be categorised as the points under below:
Adult: A person who has reached its twelfth birthday
Child: A person who has reached its second birthday.
Infant: A person who has not reached its second birthday.
All the fares are based on the above categories. Some occasions may be there where you or your family member was categorised as a child or infant during the time of travelling.
How can I cancel and change my flight reservation?
You can change your travel destination and date or even refund the non-utilised value of your ticket to the original mode of payment online. You can modify the changes by visiting the official website of Qatar Airways that is www.qatarairways.com and if you are unable to modify the changes then you can visit the nearest Qatar Airways office.
Can I cancel my Qatar Airways (QR) reservation for free within 24 hours?
If you choose to cancel the flight tickets within the 24 hours of booking then you don’t have to pay any charges for it. Qatar Airways allows you to change or cancel the booking to or from the US within 24 hours without any payment.
What happens if your Qatar Airways flight is cancelled?
Due to any circumstances if Qatar Airways cancel its flights then the Qatar Airways itself arrange transportation to your final destination on another flight (either a Qatar airways or any other flight carrier). If the Qatar Airways are unable to arrange the flight then it will issue the full refund.
Does Qatar Airways allow an online Check-in?
Yes, Qatar Airways allows an online check-in that is available for most of the flights on Qatar Airways that is available for the 48 hours to 90 minutes before the flight departure.
Which Qatar Airways bookings are allowed to make changes online?
Bookings made through the qatarairways.com, Qatar Airways ticketing offices and Qatar Airways airport ticketing offices are permitted for online booking changes.To change your booking made with the travel agency or any other travel website, you can contact the travel agency or the website.
What is Codeshare in Qatar Airways?
A flight that is marketed by one carrier and operated by the other is the Code-share flight. Qatar Airways offers the code-share flights to their consumers as a response to agreements made with the partner airlines to offer seats on their flights.
If I fail to check-in on time with Qatar Airways then what will happen?
If you fail to check in on time, you may be refused carriage on your flight. On fare conditions, a failure to check in on time may also result in:
The loss of the original fare value. You may need to make a new booking and pay for a new ticket if you wish to travel or you can pay a change fee penalty plus any difference between the cost of your new booking and the original cost.
Will a laptop be considered as a part of the hand baggage allowance?
Yes, laptops and their accessories are part of the hand baggage. You are not allowed to bring your laptop on board in a separate bag next to your hand baggage if your allowance is one piece as it will be counted as two pieces. It is recommended to pack your items in one bag.
Can you book multiple destinations with stopovers with Qatar Airways?
Yes, you can make a Multi-city booking with the stopovers on qatarairways.com. You can select a maximum of six flights and four cities.
Do I require a visa for transiting in Doha?
No, you do not require a visa for transiting in Doha at the Hamad International Airport. To enter Qatar, you must check the visa and information.
Do you have any restrictions for online bookings?
The advance purchase restrictions may be applicable, depending upon the departure city and the destination. When you start your search, these restrictions will be displayed.
If I change my booking, what will happen to the meal and seat request?
The meal and seat requests must be requested for the changed booking.You can modify these changes through the official website on website qatarairways.com.
Can you change a Qatar Airways flight to another airline flight?
No, you cannot change it; only flights operated by Qatar Airways are eligible for changes.
How do Qatar Airways help children at check-in?
The ground staff of Qatar Airways will assist your child through a seamless and fast check-in. Do Make sure that the person who is accompanying your child remains at the airport until your child’s flight departs.
Can I put my changes on hold?
No, you cannot put changes on hold. You should complete payment to confirm your changes.
If I miss my flight, can I make changes on my booking?
No, you cannot make changes on the booking even if you miss the flight in the event if you do not show up for your flight, your bookings will be cancelled and you may have to contact the nearest Qatar Airways reservation office or the customer contact centre.
Qatar Airways Popular Airports
- Doha International Airport Flights
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles International Airport Flights
- Philadelphia International Airport Flights
- Dulles International Airport Flights
Popular routes of Qatar Airways
- New York City to Doha (NYC to DOH)
- Doha to New York City (DOH to NYC)
- Doha to Chicago (DOH to CHI)
- Chicago to Doha (CHI to DOH)
- Dallas to Doha (DAL to DOH)
- Doha to Dallas (DOH to DAL)
- Kathmandu to Doha (KTM to DOH)
- Doha to Kathmandu (DOH to KTM)
Qatar Airways Destinations
- Flights to Doha
- Flights to New York City
- Flights to Chicago
- Flights to Dallas
- Flights to Kathmandu
Other Help Topics of Qatar Airways
- Qatar Airways customer support number
- Qatar Airways flight change
- Qatar Airways cancellation policy
- Qatar Airways refund policy
- Qatar Airways baggage policy