Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Swiss Air Flight Change
Planning to travel with Swiss Air and looking for flight changes? Fortunately, there is a Swiss Air flight change system which you can leverage as per your convenience. But with such a system, comes a policy and regulations, which you must read before applying for flight change. To avoid the change fee and unnecessary discrepancies, take a thorough read of our guide explaining the change policy in detail, including the change fee, same-day change and flight upgrade option.
Swiss Air or simply Swiss, is a flag carrier airline of Switzerland and provides scheduled flights within Europe and to North America, South America, Africa and Asia. It was founded in 2002, and is headquartered in Basel. It serves 102 destinations across several countries flying from the airline’s main hub, Zurich Airport and Geneva Airport.
Swiss Air Flight Change Policy
Being in business for such a long period, the airline understands the constraints faced by the passengers and they have created a seamless Swiss Air change flight system for all the passengers. Here are the details about the policy:
- The flight change policy of Swiss Air says that you can make changes to your flight for free provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking.
- If you’ve booked flights from the official website, then you will have to make changes through the website only.
- If your tickets are booked through a third party agent, then you will have to ask the concerned agent to make changes to your flights. The charges applicable will be decided by the third party only.
- If your new flight costs less than the older one, then the airline will credit the fare difference in your original source of payment.
- If you make changes after the 24 hour window, then a change fee will be levied, depending on various factors and type of the ticket.
- You can rebook or reschedule your flight dates, destinations, and a class of services both for short and long-haul flights. However, the travel should be done prior to 28 February 2023.
- You can only make flight changes if you clear the eligibility criteria, as decided by the Swiss Air.
Eligibility For Swiss Air Flight Change
Reservations eligible for flight change
- A Swiss Airlines e-ticket must start with 724.
- A ticket must be paid or booked through a credit voucher.
- Swiss Airlines flight booking must be active for your ticket.
- It is not possible to rebook open tickets or tickets without the corresponding flight segments online.
- It is online possible to rebook one-way or round-trip tickets with single flight routes.
Reservations not eligible for flight change
- Swiss Airlines booking if clubbed with another flight segment.
- Swiss Airlines reservations are not confirmed yet.
- Swiss Airlines ticket status must be something else other than O (open)
and A (available).
- Swiss Airlines tickets that are part of group bookings.
- Swiss Airlines’ change flight process would not be possible for tickets that do not display the tariff calculations.
- Swiss Airlines booking that contains special services such as transportation of an animal/medical equipment, etc.
Swiss Air Date Change Policy
- As per Swiss Air flight change policy, passengers are allowed to make date changes via the official website.
- The date change request must be completed upto 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- There are no limitations to the number of changes made in the date of the flight as long as the flight booking is valid.
- After completing the Swiss flight date change request, passengers will have to rebook any meals, seat assignments, or special requests that have already been booked.
Swiss Air “No Cost” Flight Change
There are many ways where you can avoid flight change fees and make changes to your flight date, destination and other services. Check out these methods below:
- Make changes within 24 hours
If a passenger makes any flight changes within 24 hours of booking, then no change fee will be charged. This way, you can save yourself from paying unnecessary charges.
- Same-day changes
The Swiss Air same-day change policy says that if a passenger with Premium Economy or Business class makes flight changes on the same day of flight departure then no change fee will be charged. The changes are subject to availability.
- Purchase a refundable ticket
If you wish to add flexibility to your travel, then always purchase a refundable ticket. It allows you to claim refund for cancellation and relaxed flight changes as per your convenience.
- Travel Insurance
Its best to pay an extra protection premium for your Swiss Air flights, in order to enjoy flexible flight changes. For all the unforeseen circumstances that affect your travel plans, an insurance cover will help you get the flight change done for free. It may also help with the other compensations.
Steps To Change Swiss Air Flights
You can seamlessly change your Swiss Air flights through their official website. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make changes to your flight tickets.
- Go to Swiss Air.com
- Select My Bookings tab.
- Access your flight booking by entering your booking credentials like Booking Reference/Ticket Number and your Last Name.
- Click on the Find tab to search the flight you want to change.
- Select the flight to make desired changes.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- The airline will send you a confirmation email at least 72 hours prior scheduled departure.
Swiss Air Flight Change Fee
- Allegiant flight change fee of USD 200 is applicable on all flight changes made after 24 hours of booking, irrespective of flight routes and type of the ticket.
- A change fee will be waived off for Premium Economy and Business class for same-day flight changes. Such ticketed passengers can make changes to flights without any additional costs prior to the scheduled departure.
Swiss Air Same-Day Flight Change
- Swiss Air same-day change policy states that all passengers with only Premium Economy or Business class tickets can make changes to their flights, scheduled for the same day as travel.
- Passengers can reschedule their flights with an early or later flight, without paying any extra charge.
- As per the airline’s guidelines, the Basic fares are not eligible for same-day changes.
- The same-day flight change is subject to availability of seats in the selected class of service.
- Swiss Airlines same day flight change would not be valid on the codeshare flights or for those who already completed the check-in process or purchased essential travel services such as extra baggage, meals, etc.
Swiss Air Flight Upgrade
- You can easily upgrade your flights via the official website by either bidding upgrade, upgrade for a fixed price, upgrade with online check-in or with miles.
- The flight upgrade will offer you several perks to enjoy such as priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium wines, array of cuisines, and other luxurious amenities.
- Flight upgrades are available but might be subject to availability and eligibility of a particular passenger and flight route.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
You can change your flights without paying a fee, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking.
What Swiss Airlines's change policy now?
The Swiss Airlines modify flight policy allows you to make changes to your flights free of cost within 24 hours of booking. There will be a change fee charged after this period.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Swiss Airlines's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Swiss Airlines flight?
Swiss Airlines flight change policy allows passengers to make changes until the scheduled departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be refunded to the passenger.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Swiss Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay change fee and fare differences as applicable.
Can I change my non-refundable Swiss Airlines flight?
Yes, you can make flight changes to your Swiss Airlines flight after paying a change fee of USD 200, for all flight routes and ticket fares.
Can I make changes in my Swiss Airlines flight if I am traveling outside North America?
Yes you can make changes to your flight routes outside North America, but will have to pay a change fee of USD 200 for all flights.
Can I Change a flight on the same day my flight departs?
Only travelers flying with Premium Economy or Business class can make same-day changes free of cost.
What happens if I change a Basic Fare ticket?
Swiss Airlines allows free of cost flight changes for Basic Fare tickets if changes are made within 24 hours of booking. Post this period, a change fee and fare difference will be applicable.
Swiss Popular Airports
- Zurich Airport Flights
- International Airport Flights
- Geneva International Airport Flights
- Newark Liberty International Airport Flights
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Flights
- Logan International Airport Flights
- San Francisco International Airport Flights
- Los Angeles Airport Flights
Popular routes of the Swiss airlines
- Zurich to Chicago (ZRH to CHI)
- Newark to Zurich (EWR to ZRH)
- Zurich to Newark (ZRH to EWR)
Swiss airlines Destinations
- Flights to Zurich
- Flights to Chicago
- Flights to Tirana
- Flights to Mumbai
- Flights to Newark
Other Help Topics of Swiss airlines
- Swiss Airline customer support number
- Swiss Airline flight change
- Swiss Airline cancellation policy
- Swiss Airline refund policy
- Swiss Airline baggage policy