About TACA Airlines
TACA Airlines (Transportes Aereos del Continente Americano), the flag carrier of El Salvador was founded in 1931. Furthermore, it is headquartered in San Salvador,El Salvador. The main hub is El Salvador International Airport. TACA Airlines operates its scheduled flights to 30 destinations in more than 10 countries. In 2013, TACA Airlines merged with Avianca El Salvador Airlines. The merger was started in 2009 and lasted for four years during which the airlines operated as AviancaTaca holdings. Currently, TACA Airlines operates under the Avianca name as Avianca El Salvador.
The Avianca airlines which were formerly TACA Airlines consisted of the following aircraft:
Taca Airlines Flight Details
|Flights Per week||Most Popular Destination|
Popular Flight Routes and Destinations by Taca Airlines
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Bogota (BOG)||Feb 23, 2022||USD 114.80|
|Istanbul (IST)||Medellin (MDE)||Feb 26, 2022,||USD 925|
|San Jose (SJO)||Sao Paulo (GRU)||Feb 28, 2022||USD 667|
|Miami (MIA)||Managua (MGA)||March 6, 2022||USD 159|
|Guatemala City (GUA)||Cartagena (CTG)||March 7, 2022||USD 765|
|Miami (MIA)||Tegucigalpa (TGU)||March 8, 2022||USD 597|
|Chicago (ORD)||San Salvador (SAL)||March 10,2022||USD 410|
|Cali (CLO)||Helsinki (HEL)||March 14,2022||USD 1045|
|Toronto (YYZ)||San Jose (SJO)||March 26,2022||USD 430|
|Venice (VCE)||Quito (UIO)||March 30, 2022||USD 296|
Top Airports served by TACA Airlines
- El Salvador International Airport (SAL)
- Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE)
- El Dorado International Airport (BOG)
- Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR)
- Toncontín International Airport (TGU)
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
- Logan International Airport (BOS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
TACA Airlines (TACA) Policies & Services (Cancellation, Baggage, Check-in, Booking Fee, in-flight Entertainment)
TACA Airlines Cancellation Policy
The main flight carrier of TACA Airlines is regularly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. Under the TACA airlines Cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim your refund if you meet these criteria:
- TACA Airlines has a 24-hour cancellation policy in which if you wish to cancel your booked flight within 24 hours of booking, then TACA Airlines will provide a full refund for it.
- If any passenger wishes to cancel a TACA flight just a few hours before the departure then, Taca will ask you to pay the penalty which will entirely depend upon the TACA fare rule.
- TACA Airlines does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket.
- If due to any unforeseeable circumstances TACA Airlines cancels their flights then the airline is liable to the passengers to book the next.
- The amount of the Cancellation fee differs for both domestic and international flights and it totally depends on the destination, flight route, and other conditions.
- The passengers can cancel their TACA Airlines flights only if the booking is made from the TACA Airlines official website, customer support or concerned airport counters.
- As per the TACA Airlines flight cancellation and refund policy, the passenger is eligible for a full refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be processed to the original mode of payment.
- The validity of the refund ticket is 12 months from the date of issue for the whole unused ticket and 12 months from the first uplift ticket for the half-used ticket.
- The refund amount will be credited within seven days if you bought your tickets with a credit card and if you have bought the tickets with the cash, cheque or any other form of payment then it can take up to 20 business days to issue the refund.
- The refund of the TACA Airlines flight tickets depends upon various factors such as flight cancellation, technical glitch, and others.
- If the flight is affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or any government travel restrictions then you can also claim a refund.
- In case of the death of a passenger or any close family member of the passenger, TACA Airlines issues a full refund after verifying the valid documentation like Death Certificate.
- Baggage allowance may vary from flight and the booking class. TACA Airlines has their own limitations on the baggage allowance.
- The baggage policy of TACA Airlines allows you to carry a single piece of checked-in baggage that should not weigh more than 32 Kg.
- The maximum dimension irrespective to length,height and width of baggage should not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm.
- If you carry more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the permitted weights then you will be charged with an additional cost.
- The personal item bag is considered as the laptop bag, a handbag that should be allowed baggage size to fit in the overhead bin of the aircraft.
Checked Baggage Allowance
|Cabin Class/Flight||Maximum Size|
|Hand Luggage||55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm|
|Personal Luggage||45 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm|
Baggage Allowance to and from all other destinations:
|Cabin Class/Flight||Baggage Allowance|
|Economy Class||23 kg|
|Business Class||32 kg|
Carry on Pets
- TACA Airlines allows dogs, cats and birds for $125 for a one way trip.
- Hence, for a smooth journey with your pets, you must notify them about your requirements to travel with your pets at the time of booking.
- The pets should fit within a carrier box which in turn fits under the seat in front. The Carrier counts as one piece of TACA carry-on luggage.
- Before traveling with the pets in TACA Airlines, you need to make all the important documentation for your pet available before travel such as a health certificate which should be signed by your veterinarian that indicates that your pet is fit to fly and the pet passport or identification.
You do not have to pay any fee if you purchase the ticket from Avianca Airlines’ official website. However, if you want to modify the purchased tickets by phone or at the counter of Avianca Airlines then it will charge you with the starting fees of $25 as their service charge which is non-refundable.
Check-In and Verification
- TACA Airlines offer an option for an online check-in through the website and the app available in the Play store from where you can book your favorite seat or even you can issue your boarding pass seamlessly.
- You can also check-in online and print your boarding pass from the self-service stand.
- The web check-in for TACA Airlines opens up 24 hours prior to your departure for the flights.
- TACA Airlines offers a wide variety of multimedia content which includes games, TV-Series, movies and music.
- On an International Journey, TACA Airlines there is a television screen mounted on the back of every seat on an aircraft.
- Passengers can download the airline’s app known as TACA Entertainment that could be used to stream your favorite entertainment into personal devices like tablets, mobile phones, and laptops.
- Power outlets are also available to charge personal devices.
- TACA Airlines passengers can enjoy high-speed WiFi during their flight. Prices and Plans are also displayed on your digital device if you are connected to the TACA network when on-board. The WiFi service was also subject to availability depending on the aircraft and flight route.
- In the late 2000s and early 2010s WiFi was introduced on TACA Airlines just before the Avianca Merger.
TACA Airlines Check-in Policy
- TACA Airlines allows you to check-in 24 hours before departure.
- TACA Web Check-in and boarding pass rules can be changed by the airport and country.
- TACA Airlines also allows you to print your boarding pass and e-ticket using the easy process of TACA Airlines.
- You can locate your flight itinerary using your TACA ticket or confirmation number and name which appears on your e-ticket by using your TACA ticket or confirmation number which appears on your e-ticket by using the TACA ticket or confirmation number and name.
TACA Airlines Meal Policy
- TACA Airlines dining offers sumptuous cuisine designed by the best chefs in the world and savors expertly served exclusive vintages.
- TACA Airlines offers a wide range of cuisines that are designed by the best chefs in the world like snacks, beverages, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all the class passengers.
- Moreover, you can also pre-order your favorite meals while booking the flight tickets. If you have missed booking your pre-order meal then you can purchase your favorite meal directly from the cabin crew.
- If you are allergic to a particular food then you can request a special meal at least 24 hours before the departure.
Passengers utilizing TACA Airlines flights can reach the customer care toll-free number +57 3114006797 or can visit the website https://www.avianca.com/ for any other queries.
How can I change my flight booking if I tested positive for Covid-19?
If You are positive or suspected Covid-19 case, then you are required to review the following information:
You are required to attach the laboratory certificate and a document proving the case. Then, you are required to mail all the documents to the official email id of TACA Airlines and contact customer care to provide you with the new travel date. You have only up to 90 calendar days to reschedule the new travel date which is counted from the date on which you receive the positive COVID certificate and the new travel date must be at least 7 days after the date of the positive result. The new itinerary must be within the accounting validity of the ticket and should respect the validity of the fare.
Do TACA Airlines allow an online check-in?
Yes, TACA Airlines allow an online check-in which is available 24 hours before the departure. You can do online Check-in and avoid long queues by visiting their official website or you can also download their MyAviancaApp.
What are the weight and dimensions allowed for hold or checked baggage?
The maximum weight is 23kg for the Economy Class and for the Business Class, the maximum weight allowed is 32 kg ( this weight is only applicable for XXL fare and for the first piece of baggage of size XL). In case, if you exceed the defined weight, then you will have to pay the value of additional baggage along with the cost of overweight.
What is Stand-By and Space bound Baggage?
Stand-By and Space bound Baggage relates to that baggage that is subject to the space of the aircraft. Baggage may receive this marking or designation when:
Your baggage is oversized and overweight or is a third piece that is outside the baggage on your ticket. Then, according to the guidelines, your bag will be shipped and procedures are made for space-sensitive baggage.
Either way, you are carrying boxes that exceed the established baggage weight and dimension policies.
Can I cancel my TACA Airlines reservation for free within 24 hours?
If you choose to cancel the flight tickets within 24 hours of booking then you don’t have to pay any charges for it. TACA Airlines allows you to change or cancel the booking to or from the US within 24 hours without any payment.
What happens if your TACA flight is canceled?
Due to any circumstances if TACA Airlines cancel its flights then TACA Airlines itself arrange transportation to your final destination on another flight (either a TACA Airlines or any other flight carrier). If TACA Airlines is unable to arrange the flight then it will issue the full refund.
What are offsets?
Offsets are the rewards that represent an amount of money that you can redeem in various Avianca goods or services. Moreover, these rewards are issued in miles or documents (EMD or MPD) in the name of the beneficiary as applicable.
What is Avianca UATP Card?
The Avianca UATP Card is a newly launched product that has replaced the Avianca Voucher. It is a virtual card that is pre-loaded with the value of an unused ticket.
How can you make a group booking with Avianca Airlines?
You can request a quote for a group trip using the form available on the official website of Avianca Airlines. Then, you will receive the group’s quote at the email address you entered in the form. Moreover, if you accept the quote then reply to the email requesting the reservation of the chairs.
How can you use your baggage voucher?
You can use the baggage voucher by contacting the customer care of Avianca Airlines. You must present all the documents.
When you are eligible to receive compensation?
You are eligible to receive compensation in the following cases:
If your flight Schedule is affected due to irregularities attributable to the airlines.
If your flight itinerary is flexible but you gave your seat in exchange for compensation
In the event of delay and damage and looting of your baggage.
In case your flight is canceled due to unavoidable circumstances.
What are the ways to do Check-in in TACA Airlines?
You can do Check-in online 24 hours before your flight from any device or either way you can also do self-check-in by accessing the kiosks in the airport or if you prefer then you can also do Check-in directly from the counter when you check-in for your flight.
I heard about the changes in new fares starting from 20 October 2021, What will happen if I bought the ticket before that?
If you have purchased your ticket before 20 October 2021, then all booking benefits will be maintained in accordance with your Original fare conditions. We recommend you to check the booking confirmation which you have received in your email id or you can also access it by Manage your booking.
What are the TACA Airlines care and protection protocols?
Every customer is precious to TACA Airlines which is why they have implemented the biosecurity protocols following the recommendations of the International Air Transport (IATA) so that you and all the passengers can feel safe during the purchase, documentation, check-in, flight, and baggage to reclaim the procedure.
How can you freeze your tariff with Time to Think?
TACA Airlines has created a Time to Think service so, that you can save the best fare for your ticket for 72 hours and pay later while you decide or can continue to plan your trip. Once, the time has passed and if the payment has not been made yet then the booking will be cancelled and your card will not be charged.
How you Can use Avianca Lounges?
If you are a LifeMiles member traveling on one of the Star Alliance airlines then you can access the lounges at domestic and international airports where available, presenting your boarding pass and ID. You can buy the ticket directly at the airport by visiting the Avianca Lounges.
Can you carry food as a part of your luggage?
If you decide to transport them, remember that their acceptance is subject to customs authorities of the destination country. Perishable foods are delicate and if transported on the same flight then, they can spoil and the regulations for entering the food will be broken.