Sudden change in plan is common, and sometimes it might cost you a hefty amount. Canceling a flight after paying the amount can be daunting, but you will be glad to know that you can change your flight instead of canceling the entire reservation. For reservations made with TACA, the airline offers a very flexible TACA flight change policy, making it easy for the passengers who can’t board the booked flight.
Transportes Aéreos del Continente Americano, formerly known as TACA Intercontinental, operates as Avianca El Salvador, and the airline is owned by Kingsland Holdings based in El Salvador. Furthermore, it still operates as El Salvador’s flag carrier as TACA.
TACA Flight Change Policy
Being one of the prominent airlines in El Salvador, TACA operates its flights to 24 destinations. However, the airline understands that plans may change, and under such circumstances, the airlines allow passengers to make some specific changes to their flight instead of canceling it. To learn more about TACA change flight rules, read below:
- TACA customers can change their flight reservation for free within 24-hours of booking. However, they may have to pay for the fare difference.
- The passenger must change the flight the same way they booked it.
- If the new flight costs more than the original one, the passenger must pay for the fare difference.
- TACA flight tickets are non-transferable. In case of a minor typing error, you can correct minor mistakes in your name. You cannot change the entire identity of the passenger.
- The flight change policy is applicable to everyone included in the reservation.
- If the passenger was upgraded to a business class seat, the privilege will be waived off if they make any changes in the reservation.
- The ticket must be booked via TACA’s official website.
TACA 24-hour Flight Change Policy
- All TACA passengers can easily make changes into their itinerary within 24-hours of booking. This facility is allowed only if the scheduled departure is at least 7 days later at the time of booking.
- Non-refundable tickets are not allowed to undergo any changes. However, they can cancel the reservation free of charge, and make a new booking.
- Passengers must pay for the fare difference, even if the changes are done within the 24-hours window.
TACA Itinerary Change Policy
- If you are unsure of your trip, ‘Book with flexibility’. TACA ‘Book with flexibility’ allows passengers free changes in their reservations.
- For swapping a domestic itinerary with an international destination, passengers must get assistance from TACA customer executives.
- Some TACA fare types are entitled to free itinerary changes. However, if the new flight costs more than the original one, then the passenger must pay for the fare difference.
- Tickets purchased with Lifemiles can be changed. However, the passenger must have to cancel the entire booking.
TACA Name Change Policy
- Passengers are allowed to change their first, middle, and last name in case of a simple typing mistake, free of charge.
- Passengers must present a valid passport and the name mentioned in the itinerary must match it.
- For group tickets, passengers need to split the ticket on which the name has to be changed. The airline will create a new PNR for the modified passenger name, keeping the rest of the service the same as before.
TACA Seat Change Policy
- Not all fare types are allowed to request a seat change for free. You may have to pay to upgrade or change the seat allotted to you.
- To upgrade or to change your seat, visit ‘Manage My Booking’ on TACA’s official website. If the airline asks you for a seat change fee, you can make the payment online.
- Some fare types are allowed to make seat change only once, if you ask for the seat change more than once, the airline will charge you a nominal fee.
- TACA allows all its customers to select the seat of their choice. If you haven’t selected, and want to do it later, then the airline will charge you.
TACA Same-day Flight Change
- TACA same-day flight change policy is designed for those sudden changes in plan. It allows passengers to make changes in their booking or reschedule their entire trip at least 24-hours before the scheduled departure.
- For same-day flight change, passengers must have to incur a TACA same-day change fee OF $100-$500 along with the fare change, if applicable.
- Until the airline assigns you a new seat, your previous reservation will stay confirmed.
TACA Flight Change Fee
- There will be no charge, if the changes are made within 24-hours of booking.
- Economy ticket holders are required to pay $500 as a change fee if they make changes after the 24-hour window.
- Flex class ticket holders are required to pay $150 if they make any changes in their reservation.
- Promo Class passengers need to pay $700 as a change fee.
Steps to Change TACA Flight
- Visit https://www.avianca.com/otr/en/
- Select ‘Manage Your Booking’
- Enter reservation number and passenger’s last name and click ‘Continue’
- Select ‘Change Your Flight’, then click ‘Buy now’
- Access your itinerary and mark the flight you wish to change with departure date
- Select origin, destination, date, and time of the new flight
- The next page will show you a list of available flights with fare difference (if applicable)
- Once you have the new itinerary, continue with the payment and confirm the flight change
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my TACA flight without change fees?
TACA allows passengers to change their reservation free of charge if the changes are done within 24-hours from the time of booking. After the 24-hour risk-free period gets over, a change fee of $100-$500 will be applicable.
How late can you change a TACA flight?
TACA passengers are allowed to make changes in their reservation up to 24-hours before the scheduled departure. The airline will charge them a change fee along with the fare difference, if applicable. However, the policy doesn’t apply to Basic Economy ticket holders.
How much does it cost to change a TACA Flight?
The total cost of the flight change fee depends on various factors, such as, fare type, cabin class, destination, and time of the journey. If you are changing your itinerary after a 24-hours risk-free period, then you must pay $100 to $500 along with the fare difference. Flex class ticket holders are required to pay $150 to make changes in their booking. The change fee for Promo class is $700 along with the fare difference.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
In case the new flight costs less than the original flight, TACA will reimburse the amount as e-credit for future travel.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting TACA’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call TACA at 1 800 284 2622.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
Non refundable tickets are not allowed for any changes. You must cancel the entire reservation, and make a new booking.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
TACA allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my TACA flight the same day?
Yes, you can change your TACA flight up to 24-hours of its scheduled departure. The airline will levy a penalty fee for the changes you make.
How to change seats on TACA?
You can request for a seat online by visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport counter. If your seat fee is not included in your airfare, the airline may ask you for a fee to upgrade your seat. You are allowed to change your seat for free only once. After that, you have to incur a change fee.
Can I get a refund for an unwanted flight change?
If TACA asks you to change your flight due to some reason, then the airline will compensate you. The compensation can be a complete refund, and a free alternate flight.