About United Airlines (UA)
United Airlines (UA) is a major American airline, founded as Varney Air Lines in 1926 ai Boise, Idaho. Furthermore, it is headquartered in Willis Tower, Chicago, and operates both domestic and international destinations across all six inhabited continents. United Airlines has eight hubs in the US, and O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, is its largest hub in terms of passengers carried and the number of departures. In addition, it is the founding member of Star Alliance and the world’s largest airline alliance with a total of 28 member airlines.
Furthermore, it is the third-largest airline globally, measured by its large fleet size and the number of destinations it covers.
With a fleet size of 858 aircraft with 49 additional aircraft on order, United Airlines (UA) is the third-largest airline globally. It covers 342 destinations, out of which 238 domestic and 118 international destinations and offers 110846 flights per week. MIn addition, most of its aircraft are either Boeing or Airbus. Here is a list of aircraft owned by LATAM Airlines Chile (LU):
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||16|
|Boeing 737 MAX 9||30|
United Airlines (UA) Flight Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
|110846||O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Chicago|
Popular Flight Routes and Destinations by United Airlines (UA)
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|Chicago (ORD)||Newark (EWR)||Feb 16, 2022||USD 140|
|Washungton (IAD)||Quito (UIO)||Apr 12, 2022||USD 1501|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Delhi (DEL)||Mar 16, 2022||USD 1254|
|Denver (DEN)||Paris (CDG)||Jun 12. 2022||USD 655|
|Rio de Janeiro (GIG)||Chicago (ORD)||Apr 14, 2022||USD 425|
|Houston (IAH)||Bogota (BOG)||Mar, 15. 2022||USD 564|
|Paris (CDG)||Denver (DEN)||Apr 16, 2022||USD 685|
|Delhi (DEL)||San Francisco (SFO)||Nov 20, 2022||USD 1064|
|Quito (UIO)||Washington (IAD)||Feb 25, 2022||USD 1465|
|Newark (EWR)||Chicago (ORD)||Mar 18, 2022||USD 102|
Top Airports Served by United Airlines (UA)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- RIOGaleao- Tom Jobin International Airport (GIG)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- A.B. Won Pat International Airport (GUM)
- Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO)
United Airlines (UA) Policies & Services (Cancellation, Baggage, Check-in, Booking Fee, in-flight Entertainment)
United Airlines (UA) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with an United Airlines (UA) flight reservation. Under the United Airlines cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following conditions:
- Under United Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, United Airlines will not charge any cancellation fee.
- Also, if you cancel your United Airlines flight within 24hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later at the time of booking.
- United Airlines (UA) doesn’t allow you to cancel Basic Economy tickets unless they are 24 hours from the booking and purchased a week or more before departure.
- If you have a refundable ticket, you can cancel it anytime before the flight’s departure.
- For bookings made via a third-party agency, you are suggested to contact the concerned party only.
- The cancellation fee amount depends on the flight route, destination and many more.
- Under the United Airlines (UA) Covid-19 Policy, if Covid-19 disrupts your travel plans, you may be eligible for a refund depending on the severity of the schedule disruption.
- Basic Economic tickets are not eligible for any changes; however, you are still eligible for a refund if you make any changes within 24 hours of booking. The scheduled departure is at least 7 days later from the time of booking.
- The refund will be credited within 7-10 working days from the day of cancellation. And, in case the payment is delayed, you can get in touch with the airline’s customer support.
- The United Airlines (UA) flight ticket refund depends upon several factors like a technical glitch, flight cancellation, and many more.
Passengers affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions, or any technical glitch can claim a refund, says the United Airlines cancellation policy.
United Airlines (UA) passengers (except Basic Economy ticket holders) can bring one full-size carry-on bag and one personal item onboard for free. To help you make the onboarding process as smooth as possible, here is a list of baggage dimensions and a weight list for you.
|Class of Service||Maximum Weight|
|United Polaris First Class||70lbs|
|United Polaris Business Class||70lbs|
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
United Airlines (UA) allows its passengers with an infant to carry some additional items on-board along with the carry-on bag and personal items.The items are mentioned below:
- Diaper Bag
- Breast Pump and Milk
- Government approved infant carrying seat or car seat
- Compact folding stroller, which should be 9×14×22inch or 9×10×17inch
- United Airlines (UA) allows pets, such as dogs and cats, only on the aircraft, but space for their travel is subject to availability. Hence, for a smooth journey with your beloved pet, you must reserve a seat well before your scheduled departure.
- United Airlines (UA) doesn’t allow pets in cabins on a flight to and from Hawaii, Australia, Barbados, UK, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Cuba, Guam, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, New Zealand, Panama, Philippines, Palau, Singapore, South Africa, Tahiti, Trinidad and Tobago.
- On domestic flights, puppies and kittens must be at least 2 months old, and on international flights, puppies and kittens must be 4 months old.
- Pets travelling in the cabin must be carried in a soft-sided kennel, and the maximum dimension should be 46×28×28cm.
United Airlines (UA) doesn’t charge any booking fees for bookings via the official website. However, charges may apply for third-party agency flight bookings.
Check-in and Verification
Online check-in begins 24 hours before and ends 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. However, you can check-in at the airport counter and collect your boarding pass.
First and business class passengers of United Airlines travelling on B747 and B767 aircraft can enjoy an entertainment system with audio and video on demand. In addition, First Class international passengers on B777 aircraft are entitled to a personal videotape system.
In-Flight Meal Policy
United Airlines (UA) passengers can pre-order their meal before the scheduled flight departure. Passengers can receive an email from the airline to see the menu and pre-order the selected meal.
However, the meal availability depends on the route and the duration of the journey.
- Passengers utilizing United Airlines (UA) flights can call on their customer support toll free number 1 800 864 8331 or visit https://www.united.com/en/us for any other queries.
Can I cancel my United Airlines (UA) flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.united.com/en/us, United Airlines customer support no 1 800 864 8331, or airport counters within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible United Airlines flights cancelled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my United Airlines (UA) reservation for free within 24 hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24 hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
As per United Airlines cancellation policy, to get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
How long will it take to get the refund?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 working days of United Airlines (UA) flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
United Airline flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
Does United Airline provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, United Airline (UA) offers special assistance and mobility services to all passengers who require help during their journey. However, if the passenger brings their wheelchair, they are permitted to do so up to the aircraft; after that, it will be stored in the baggage hold area.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with United Airlines?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for United Airline flights.
Is it safe to travel with United Airlines during Covid-19?
United Airline (UA) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to checking the temperature of each passenger, United Airline ensures safe travel.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food. However, the container should be sealed perfectly.
Does United Airline provide in-flight dining?
United Airline (UA) doesn’t provide food and beverages on-board. Passengers need to pre-book the meal 24 hours before the scheduled flight.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
How much does United Airline charge for flight cancellation?
If you cancel your United Airline flights within 24 hours from your departure date then a nominal fee of 100$ to 400$ will be charged. However, after a 24 hours time frame, a fee of 100$ to 500$ will be charged as per United Airline flight cancellation policy.
Where can I check my United Airline flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of United Airline (UA). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Does United Airlines allow pets on flights?
Yes, United Airlines (UA) allows pets on flights for selected routes.